Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Fight between 2 women over a lane in the pool
Quote | Reply
This weekend, I saw the funniest thing. OK, since I am injured once again, (achillies tendoon perfusion)I have to resort to water running for 2 weeks. In the fine spirit of doing so, I had the opportunity to watch two women literally go at it on Saturday morning in the middle of a swimming lane. Apparently, one had made a wise crack to the other about not moving out of the way at the wall. (turns out, this was the same women who made a wise crack to me last week about using my paddles). All of a sudden, there's splashing and clawing and yelling. They're going at it!

The lifeguard had to remove them from the pool. And these are supposidly 2 adults. I was laughing so hard. What a scene.

I told the one (the nice lady) to ambush the troublemaker in the parking lot. So funny!
Quote Reply
Re: Fight between 2 women over a lane in the pool [Graz] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Less filling, or tastes great?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thats the type of "lane rage" triathletes who don't live near the LA freeway are familiar with.

--------------
Elivis needs boats.
Quote Reply
Re: Fight between 2 women over a lane in the pool [Schwingding] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
whats interesting in this story is that they were female!? I have never experienced more aggressive females in any sport than triathlon. ....and i come from bodybuilding! Numerous times has a female made an unwarranted critical, judmental comment towards me.

any guys ever experience this?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
classic.

I would much rather have taken this incident than the "contamination" incident that toddler caused yesterday.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
"All of a sudden, there's splashing and clawing and yelling. They're going at it!"

Sounds like a script for one of those catfighting fetish videos. Are you sure there wasn't someone there with a camera filming it!!

Seriously though, I once saw two women at a beach rolling in the sand punching and hair pulling each other. Didn't last long as some guys, probably boyfriends, stepped in and broke it up. Never found out what the fight was about.
Quote Reply
Re: Fight between 2 women over a lane in the pool [cerveloguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Believe me, if had a camera I would have filmed it.

I was waiting for the bathing suits to rip.

It was cool. I think the one lady was banned from the YMCA. Not sure though.
Quote Reply
Re: Fight between 2 women over a lane in the pool [trizombie] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I think you may be right. When I think back on incidences I have witnessed over the years, the most aggressive responses seem to come from the women--many of whom are also friends. I know several women who won't overlook any infraction, no matter how minor or even if it is not their business. Examples include: splashing water doing a flip turn (she actually chased the guy down and splashed his face because he splashed her when he turned-she was standing in the adjoining lane); getting bumped on the arm during a friendly training run; bike transgressions, including too close on the bike, too far on the bike, losing the draft, going too hard, going too slow, not calling out obstacles, not using proper hand signals, someone riding without a helmet (not someone in our group, but a total stranger riding by himself); and being an unofficial race marshall on the course. The ultimate may have been when I ran by a woman as I was doing an early Sunday morning run by myself--she looked at me with disgust and said with contempt that I ran like a girl! Since I was running much faster, I refused to be offended and assumed she must be extending to me a compliment.

Maybe I just fell in with the wrong crowd and need to find a different training group.
Quote Reply
Re: Fight between 2 women over a lane in the pool [Doug] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Last week, I was at the pool, sitting at one end of the lane, getting ready to begin my swim. There are 3 lanes completely open. I notice that this girl comes in at the other end of the pool, and sets up camp in a chair at the opposite side of the lane I'm on. I don't take much notice, and hop in and begin to warm up. After doing a couple laps, I stop, turn around and see this same girl barreling in on me doing the butterfly in my lane, does an overly-aggressive flip turn (making a splash resembling an A-bomb going off) and headed off to the other end. Mind you, the lanes on either side of us are completely open. I'm thinking: "what the hell?". LOL. I guess I was in "her" lane. I just shake my head and slide over to the next lane.

She had this huge mound of gear too...all stacked up at the end of the lane. Water bottles, fins, paddles, bouys, boards, etc... It was quite the site. She used every single one of her accoutrements of course, and covered every possible stroke. This procession lasted only 20 mins total. She then promptly picked up shop and headed out.

Totally bizzare.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Was this a YMCA in San Francisco? This sounds like a woman I have had the pleasure of swimming with. She has yelled at me to learn how to swim when I so much as brushed against her (my fault? who knows), she snaps at the master's swimmers for having two lanes blocked off (even though it's clearly displayed on the pool schedule), and she has a sarcastic comment for everything. But as far as I know, she's not a triathlete -- just a very unhappy swimmer.
Quote Reply
Re: Fight between 2 women over a lane in the pool [Ariel] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
So now we know who the lady is who travels from YMCA to YMCA across the world and causes havic. Let's all come together to put an end to her madness!
Quote Reply
Re: Fight between 2 women over a lane in the pool [Ariel] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Oh my! This is why I quit the Embarcadero YMCA and now swim at Golden Gateway. (Well, the outdoor pool at GG also had something to do with it.) There, you will NEVER see more than two people in a lane (splitting, not circling), unless it's a master's session. And, in the winter if it's drizzly or in the evening, I've had the entire pool to myself.

clm
Nashville, TN
https://twitter.com/ironclm | http://ironclm.typepad.com
Quote Reply
Re: Fight between 2 women over a lane in the pool [trizombie] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ha! I got the up and down from some bitch (sorry, I just call them as I see them) at a spinning class for using "her" bike. Nevermind that this was the bike I happened to sign up for before class. (She signed up before me and mistakingly took the "wrong" bike) I simply let her have "her" steed and gave her a sarcastic "you're welcome". People like this aren't worth wasting effort thinking about. They do however provide a reason to be thankful that death comes to us all.
Quote Reply
Lucky [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Youu guys have it easy dealing with hostile women. what humiliates me is when a twelve or thirteen year-old girl gets in next to me and promptly swims about three times faster than I am with more dignety.

-

I don't work here, I just live here
Quote Reply
Re: Lucky [Ze Gopha] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Embarcadero YMCA.......just bailed out and joined elsewhere. I like the Y, but it's very crowded and I've seen more than a few altercations. I did get a massive head crack there a couple of months ago from a woman who assumed that when she got into my lane (I was in the middle of a 1000) that somehow I'd notice her and would immediately begin to circle when she started to swim....uh, I didn't....that hurt.

Then had another woman jump into my lane (again, in the middle of a long set) and stand to block me in the middle, insisting that we would now circle and not split as I had been doing before she showed up. She was quite insistent.

I'll miss being indoors on cold winter mornings though....also miss the meter pool vs yard pool at the new place.
Quote Reply
Bring on the midgets!!! [Graz] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That's awesome. The stories I'm seeing here are just killing me, and it's even better knowing that they're all true. I just hope I don't get beat up if I accidentally splash someone at the pool now.

<If you're gonna be dumb, you gotta be tough>
Get Fitter!
Proud member of the Smartasscrew, MONSTER CLUB
Get your FIX today?
Quote Reply
Re: Bring on the midgets!!! [Khai] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ocean swim with wetsuit on a guarded beach. I swim to the 3 buoys, the last one being about 600 yards from shore. I get back to the land. A guy walks to me and asks me whether I was the one swimming to the last buoy. I was the only swimmer in the water and tell him, that yes, it was me. He starts getting on my back for being careless and goes on and on. I wasn't thinking totally straight - as usually when getting out of cold water swim - and he had a shirt that kind of looked like the lifeguard. I went to the lifeguard tower and talk to the guy in charge who told me that there was nothing wrong with what I had done and that he didn't know that other dude. It was kind of weird.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Southern gals are nicer--that is why men prefer them over women from other areas of the country. I really haven't had that kind of experience down here in the Gulf Coast, but I think as a general rule, women from the Western and Northeastern parts of the country are more aggressive.

Two experiences--One; I was starting my swim workout at a local university pool. I asked a young lady if I could split a lane with her. She told me she didn't know if that was allowed. Ignorance--not meanness. I just laughed and jumped in with a guy in the next lane. Two; while entering T2 during a tri last fall, I was inadvertantly blocking a female behind me. She very, very politely asked me to help her out by signaling where I needed to go. I did so, and she thanked me. I have had other guys give me a blistering cuss-out for the same type of thing.
Quote Reply
Re: Fight between 2 women over a lane in the pool [tri_bri2] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
here i come southern gals!

Well this past weekend a western gal put her left knuckle up to her left nostril & proceeded to blow snot out the right! granted this was during a race but GEESH!
Quote Reply