Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Ferris Bueller's Tuesday ride report (sort of...)
Quote | Reply
Like Ferris Bueller in the iconic movie of the same name, I goofed off work today to do some cool stuff.

I bought some new pedals off the NZ auction site, Trademe (Look 5.1s, $165 NZD), and these arrived this morning, so those went on my Dual and off I went.

It was a nice base training ride, 2hrs 15, 60kms, avg HR 117. Nice and slow and easy. I went out West of Auckland, along Lincoln rd to the end of the motorway and then along the 16 to Kumeu and back through Waitakere rd. It was beautiful out there - a classic winter's day, crisp and clear. I stopped to talk to some horses at the Kumeu trotting track and that was cool. i miscalculated on my clothing and I ended up freezing by the end of the ride! The wind was bitterly cold out today. I had to stop about 15 mins from home and get some warm food...specifically, two Big Ben pies for $3.50. I ate the steak and cheese at the Caltex and had the mince and cheese with a pot of tea when I got home. Not exactly healthy, but I have lost some weight recently and I really feel the cold a lot more than I used to.

I slept the afternoon away, and then got up and stretched. All in all, a great day!

kiwipat

per ardua ad astra
Quote Reply