Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Fenix 3 [markreith] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Out of curiosity- can you pull your location (MGRS) and set a route? If this can replace my 305, 220, 401 & Suunto work watch that would be awesome.
Quote Reply
Re: Fenix 3 [winchester] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ray Maker's fantastic site has tons of comparison shots, scroll to the bottom:
http://www.dcrainmaker.com/...enix3-firstlook.html
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Biggest difference is the weight but the appearance negates that for me. I will wear this as an everyday watch but it is heavier. I do not remember exactly how heavy the 910XT but it feels about the same to me. I also like the fact that the buttons take a little more effort to push. When MTBing my 920 constantly switched screens due to wrist angle. Fenix 3 out of the box is a clear winner for my needs.

Last edited by: 7ofClubs: Feb 12, 15 19:15
Quote Reply
Re: Fenix 3 [7ofClubs] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thx for posting side by side photos. Very helpful
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
winchester wrote:
can anyone that still has both, post photos of them side by side.
thank you.

Seconded. Right now I feel like I'm more interested in the 920 but I'd like to get a better view
Quote Reply
Re: Fenix 3 [RustedRacer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Just finished my first swim with it and did not notice the weight at all. So far so good.
Quote Reply
Re: Fenix 3 [RustedRacer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks for the updates on the watch, whats the best way to view the watch on a bike? Is there a bike mount available?
I am still on with the fenix 3 , that is if it is delivered soon, just got a problem with the aesthetics of the 920XT, as it is seriously plastic looking, looks like a cracker prize.
Last edited by: Lurcher: Feb 13, 15 7:43
Quote Reply
Re: Fenix 3 [Lurcher] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Lurcher wrote:
Thanks for the updates on the watch, whats the best way to view the watch on a bike? Is there a bike mount available?
I am still on with the fenix 3 , that is if it is delivered soon, just got a problem with the aesthetics of the 920XT, as it is seriously plastic looking, looks like a cracker prize.

All of the Forerunners reminded me of those Casio calculator watches of the 80's, the 920XT is a little plastic looking but it is noticeably lighter and is really a great watch. I use the EDGE 500 on the bike but I will use this along side it by just turning it to the inside of my wrist when riding Tri.

If any of you would like specific pictures let me know and I would be happy to post them here.

I will test the GPS this afternoon on my 1.5 hour run.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I must say, the Fenix 3 looks amazing. Think they will make a quick release kit?
Quote Reply
Re: Fenix 3 [UMDRunner] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The looks of the Fenix are much more appealing to me. I look forward to trying one on
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
where did you order yours from?

- Matt

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I liked my Fenix 2, but it was crappy on the GPS which I lived with, then leaked water into the case which I did not. I'm using my 910 and like it except it's not an everyday watch and I miss the WiFi upload. So how is the GPS tracking on the fenix 3 ?

The sapphire version looks designed to compete with the soon (??) to be released iWatch and all the other smart watches.

Brian
“Eat and Drink, spin the legs and you’re going to effin push (today).” A Howe
Quote Reply
Re: Fenix 3 [tribiker68] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I order from REI in January as soon as they accepted pre-orders.
Quote Reply
Re: Fenix 3 [TriBri00] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
GPS lock on in my house within 1 minute on the initial set-up. I really do not have a bad thing to say about it. Just finished a long ride and it worked flawlessly. It and the EDGE 500 where within .15 of each other over 85 miles.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I can tell you this ........... if it's working flawlessly when I get mine, I will *NOT* be updating any firmware!!!!!!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Probably daft question, but having a 310xt the gps satellites are searched for when i do a session, with a very slow progress bar. How does this work on the fenix 3? Is it always connected to gps ? Or does it need to search when outside?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm going out today to see if local REI has these stocked
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It's only tracking satellites when I'm a sport mode. It does however pre-cache the satellite location for a few days each time it connects online, so the satellite pickup is within seconds versus a minute or more on Garmin watches that predate 2014ish.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
They don't
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Just curious for the people that use this or similar watches as a cycling computer, do you find it annoying to have it on your wrist compared to an ordinary bicycle computer sitting on your handlebar?

Dimond Bikes Superfan
Quote Reply
Re: Fenix 3 [ericlambi] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I use my 920xt in Ironman bike legs and just put it on the inside of my wrist and it works fine. Although a button lock function similar to what the 910xt had ( and the Fenix 3 according to all reports) would be very handy to avoid accidentally switching between sports.
Quote Reply
Re: Fenix 3 [toolbox] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Anyone have an issue getting pwoermeter readouts on the watch? I was able to sync to my PM but when I go modify a field to display Power, the watch locks up.
Quote Reply
Re: Fenix 3 [NeverEnough] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Still nowhere in stock in Europe I guess? :(
Quote Reply
Re: Fenix 3 [toolbox] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The latest 2.70 SW update adds a button lock feature to the 920xt. It's activated a little differently than the 310xt and 910xt was, however. Press and hold "..." and you should see a new option with this firmware.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
winchester wrote:
I'm going out today to see if local REI has these stocked
There is usually a link on the product page that allows users to check stock levels at local REI stores, but I note that REI's link for the Garmin Fenix 3 GPS Watch inidcates it appears REI has already sold out the initial allocation.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Quote Reply

Prev Next