Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Felt S22 vs. Specialized Elite Comp
Quote | Reply
I'm moving from my road bike to a full tri geometry. After my last fit I've narrowed my choices down to 2 bikes. The S22 and the Specialized Comp.

Both bikes fit very well, although the felt seemed VERY aggressive, not that this is a bad thing. The comp was a bit more comfortable. Components are relatively similar. Both DA, both have good wheelsets (felt=velo circuit, comp=cosmic elite). Price is the only difference as the comp is $350 more.

Can anyone relate pros and cons to either bike based on experience?
Quote Reply
Re: Felt S22 vs. Specialized Elite Comp [erikwblack] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"The comp was a bit more comfortable."

Seems like a rather important difference to me. By comfort, do you mean fit or ride quality? If it's fit, then go for the Comp, if it's ride quality, that can be addressed through tires, saddle, etc.
Quote Reply
Re: Felt S22 vs. Specialized Elite Comp [Pooks] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I felt as if I was a bit "less forward" on the comp. I told the guy fitting me at the LBS that when on the S22 I felt like it was one of those dragsters with the large back wheels and the small front wheels.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Doesn't the Comp have a road geometry, while the S22 has TT?
Quote Reply
Re: Felt S22 vs. Specialized Elite Comp [Austin] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
i just got my felt s25 and it's pretty sweet! i know that doesn't really help you but i'm still excited...i had a hard time finding good comfortable bike cause of my measurments (6'3 163, 37 in inseam with a relatively short torso) but the felt feels great
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I purchased an S22 in December and have been training on it regularly since then. Your right, the position is aggressive but if your flexible enough it's not a problem. Like you I have a very long femur but a very short torso so my list of bikes to choose from was not very long. I bought the Felt because of the component package and the recommendation of Tom D. I am looking forward to riding it in the first tri of the year.

------------------------------------------------------------

...If wishes were fishes we would all cast nets.
Quote Reply