Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Felt S22 vs. B12 (2012 edition)
Quote | Reply
I ride a size 60 2012 Felt S22 and I believe I have most of the low hanging aero fruit in terms of decent fit, wheels, tires, etc.

A friend has a size 60 2012 B12 that I might be able to get for a very reasonable price. While I might sell the S22, I might also keep it on the trainer and ride the B12 outside. The dimensions basically the same except for a reach of 461 on the B12 vs. 462 on the S22

My understanding is much of the benefit of a TT frame is the position, but obviously some frames are faster than others. The carbon B12 has a few fancy bits here and there that I assume they couldn't do (or do cheaply) with the aluminum S22. It also has more internal cabling, which seems to objectively be a good thing relative to my current rat's nest.

While I'm not a weight weenie, the 1.5 pound difference is something. No idea if the carbon has any other benefits - especially 6 year old carbon.

Bonus - the green accents match our kit.

So, is it much faster?

Aaron Bales
Lansing Triathlon Team
Quote Reply
Re: Felt S22 vs. B12 (2012 edition) [MI_Mumps] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I raced a B12 for several years. It is a fast frame. A good wheel set, carbon bars and tri rig front brake and you have a fast bike without a ton of money in it. The rear brake isn't the easiest to adjust, but once I got mine set I had zero issues with it.
Quote Reply
Re: Felt S22 vs. B12 (2012 edition) [arby] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks for the feedback. Carbon bars for shape, weight, both?

Aaron Bales
Lansing Triathlon Team
Quote Reply
Re: Felt S22 vs. B12 (2012 edition) [MI_Mumps] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Both. I used a Felt carbon aero bar. I bought a brand new frame and built the bike with Dura Ace drivetrain, carbon bars, Flo wheels.
Quote Reply
Re: Felt S22 vs. B12 (2012 edition) [arby] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Nice. I could do the bar and Omega brake for the S22 frame as well. Just not sure if there is much difference between the two.

He might actually let me borrow it and adjust it to my fit, then I could just ride it. Maybe Chung test to see if there is much difference.

Aaron Bales
Lansing Triathlon Team
Quote Reply