Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Felt F1
Quote | Reply
Does anybody have an opinion on the Felt F1 as a training bike?
Quote Reply
Re: Felt F1 [Magicmirror] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Training bike? Eh gad man, Barb Lindquist kick's butt on an F1 derivative. She WON Hawaii "Race to Athens" on it.

It is a very, very nice aluminum bike if the geometry suits you. It is a simple, straightforward construction but with nice welds and very, very nice aluminum tubing. We've sold quite a few of them as well. I wanted one... but custoers kept taking the frame size I wanted. WE had about 6 in my size come through the store. None stayed long enough for me to get on one.

About four of our employees have them and Frankie Andreu just BOUGHT one from us. He gets other bikes free, and he is parsimounious (cheapskate).

I like this bike. Strong, simple, light, well made. Good bike if it fits you.

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply
Re: Felt F1 [Tom Demerly] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Is there something specific about the bike that might not fit me? Something I should be aware of when testing? Thanks...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The F1 as with all Felt road bikes has a shortish front end and low head tube on the small sizes comparitively to other brands. The larger sizes have long front ends. 54cm and 56cm are pretty standard lengthwise. Try them with a 100-110mm stem, use the bike frame for cockpit length, not the stem. The seat angles are a bit steeper than traditional euro road frames might be, but nothing crazy.

Get fit and measured by someone who knows how and you should end up very happy. I'd lean towards a SC1 or AC1 if you are over 6'3" 200#s.

-Dave

https://www.kickstarter.com/...bike-for-the-new-era
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I think I bought the last F1 at Demerly's shop. It is a sweet road bike - light, stiff and well made. If what you mean by "training," is the bike you use as your alternative to your tri bike, then an F1 will likely be more than you will ever need.
Quote Reply