Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Fedex and bike damage, can anyone help?
Quote | Reply
I got my bike yesterday and it was damaged in the shipping process. Does anyone have any advice for making the claims process go smoothly or a little quicker?

NOTE: I'm not trying to bash Fedex, although I'd like to. I just used their name in an attempt to find information on getting my claim with them resolved.
Quote Reply
Re: Fedex and bike damage, can anyone help? [damn lucky] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You don't want to hear this but my experience has been that the shipping company will always claim that the bike was not packaged correctly. The box will literally need to have truck tire tracks on it before they will take any responsibility. Sorry about your bike.

Ron

----------

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I dunno... I once shipped some motorcycle parts UPS and they arrived damaged (it was an exhaust setup, and it was dented when it got there), so the recipient of the parts took them to UPS and filed a claim and I got all of the amount I insured the parts for.

--
mcoker
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Pics and document everything. Stay on top of them. Are you the shipper? They only settle claims with the shipper not the shipee unless you get the shipper to release the claim to you. They may have changed that, I do not know.

They destroyed a bike of mine once. It took about 6 months to settle. I ended up calling their general counsel and explaining that I was tired of dealing with them and was referring the matter to my attorney. It took about 7 business days from that phone call to get a check.

Brian Stover USAT LII
Accelerate3 Coaching
Insta

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Did you ship it Express or Ground? I maybe able to help if its Ground. I work for Ground, in operations not claims, though. I'll need some information. A tracking ID at the very least. You can PM me with details if you want some help. Desert Dude is right, document everything. There are A LOT of fraudulant claims filed, so all shipping companies want tons details and may they seem like they are dragging their feet when they are just being careful. There are some companies/people that put claims on everything they ship, so we have to wade through all that. I feel bad saying it but be patient, document everything, follow up, and we'll do the right thing.
Quote Reply
Re: Fedex and bike damage, can anyone help? [Plitnick] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks, I'll PM you.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sorry to hear that. They toasted my brand new custom Elite last year and denied all liability. They suck IMO and I will never ship with them again. See my post from last year. I hope your damage isn't terminal. Thank God I used Sports Express -- they paid for my new frame and were totally customer focused. Good luck.

http://forum.slowtwitch.com/...earch_string;#389415

I proudly DO NOT post my workouts on Facebook!!!
Quote Reply