Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Favorite Part of The Tri
Quote | Reply
Whats your favorite part of the triathlon the swim. bike. or the Run?
Quote Reply
Re: Favorite Part of The Tri [multisport101] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Strongest part of the tri is on the bike.
Favourite part of the tri has to be standing on the cool wet grass watching the sun come up at a small local event waiting to get in the lake for the start.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The part before the swim when I am on teh start line, waiting for the gun, $hitting myself with excitement and trepidation.

#######
My Blog
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Eating food afterwards!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Running off the bike. Settling into a steady rhythm and holding on for 6 or 13 miles is great. IM running is another story altogether.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The beers afterwards
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I like to bike the most of all, but my favorite part is the last sprint to the finish. Doing my best Jens Voight and just telling those legs to shut up and run faster.

Ian
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
probably the bike...i just really enjoy cycling in general. but i like the pigging out afterwards even better than the tri! lol
Quote Reply
Re: Favorite Part of The Tri [WappidWojj] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
WappidWojj wrote:

Favourite part of the tri has to be standing on the cool wet grass watching the sun come up at a small local event waiting to get in the lake for the start.

x2 - sunrises are pretty awesome in and of themselves, but the added excitement and anticipation before the race makes it that much more awesome.
Quote Reply
Re: Favorite Part of The Tri [mikem115] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have to say that every part of the tri holds some luster for me. I'm only on my second season of triathlons but absolutely love it. I can see myself doing this for the rest of the my life, so long as the body holds up!

I have a very supportive wife, but she doesn't quite get the fascination or the obsession. I love every single aspect. Maybe it's because I have a touch of OCD or am an incessant planner, or love to get up at 0'Dark Thirty. But here are the things I love about Triathon:

-Preparing my bag and bike the night before. Laying out my food and drink.

-The 4 am awakening, the drive to the race. Alone on the road, bike on the bike rack, coffee in hand. The excitement, and fear.

-Arriving almost first at the race (getting a nice parking spot) and walking calmly to transition.

-Laying out my gear, having it just right.

-The calm warm-up...usually on the bike.

-Seeing my friends in transition (they always arrive later than I). The joking, ribbing, and laughter.

-The sun is coming up, and more arrive, things get lively, music starts to play.

-The call to the start, the fear grows (the inevitable port-o-john visit :) )

-In the water, the fear climaxes and then we're off.

-The run out of T1 with my bike....the mount...ah my favorite part...the ride!

-Some sadness with the end of the ride...that truly is my favorite part.

-The kids handing out water on the run trail, the occasional eager-beaver with the super-soaker...go for it kid...go for it.

-The sprint to the end, crossing the finish line...the "go daddy go!" poster my son holds for me.

-The high fives, the congrats and the "you can do it" I yell to those after me.

-The cool water over my head and visor...the smiles on my family and friends faces.

-The drive home, slight smile on my face, the feeling of knowing you ran a good race.

-The glance at the clock...it's only 11 am.

---------------------------------------------------------------
My other car is a Felt. DFL>DNF>DNS.

"There will come a day you won't be able to do this, today is not that day."
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Everyone's favorite part is the bike--why do you think we're all walking during the "run?"

My favorite part (other than the bike of course) is the finish. Nothing feels as good during the entire day as the feeling I get running down the finishing chute. The post mortem with others after the race is fun too.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Eating and soaking in the hot tub & massage at IMGermany & Roth after the race the beer is Great
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If you do it right it should be the finish line.

Re: Favorite Part of The Tri [misha1809] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Too long to quote, but that...that is an awesome post. thank you!

--------------------------------
Swim. Bike. Run. Tacos. Not always in that order.
@ryan_hurley
Quote Reply
Re: Favorite Part of The Tri [mikem115] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
x3
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I am runner so I love the run the most. There is nothing like getting off the bike in contention for the win and running people down.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
spending money on unneeded over expensive bike parts
Quote Reply
Re: Favorite Part of The Tri [eganski] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
eganski wrote:
Everyone's favorite part is the bike--why do you think we're all walking during the "run?"

Truer words never spoken.

I also like lining up and watch people way faster than me do stuff I may never be able to do, and then going out and giving it my all.

-------------------------------------
You don't have to like what I say but you should respect my right to say them and I'll do the same to you.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
T1!!!

The swim makes me nervous. Very nervous.

I am always grateful to get to T1 where I know that I now need to just hammer, hang on, and suffer.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Was overcoming the thought or fear I had when I started racing that I was way out of my league. My 1st race last year I was getting everything set up and remember looking around at all the seriously fit and muscular people racing - thought to myslef - Holy Crap, I'm going to get my A$$ handed to me. I was an athletic hack with a one pack that had serious delusions of being remotely competative. Finishing the race and finding out that I did well was sort of a mini revilation into enjoyment.

Swimming....I enjoy getting out of the water mid pack - that's success for me!
Biking is my thing so I enjoy trying to crush the hopes from others
Running - just want to hold on and enjoy getting to the finish.
Getting home ealry enough to start my regular weekend duties.

Michael
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
As relative newbie to tri's (and a long-time cyclist), I obviously do well on the bike leg.

That said, while I once dreaded the swim, I have found that I really enjoy swimming, especially OW training swims. Ad developing some upper body definition has been a very nice side benefit!!

Now I have yet to do a very crowded swim during a race, so dunno how I will feel after experience that.....could be a massive change in perception!!

Chicago Cubs - 2016 WORLD SERIES Champions!!!!

"If ever the time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin." - Samuel Adams
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
pre-race 'butterflies'

not sure if its my favorite or my least favorite - but it sure makes me feel as alive as I will ever be

"Triathlon?!? I play a real sport, I don't want to be the best at exercising." ~Kenny Powers
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
multisport101 wrote:
Whats your favorite part of the triathlon the swim. bike. or the Run?
As a constantly injured runner, now the swim is my favorite part because pacing myself amongst the other wild swimmers is challenging and being able to pee without getting messy,

Quote | Reply
When they say, "Go".

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply
Re: Favorite Part of The Tri [hoss19] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
hoss19 wrote:
pre-race 'butterflies'

not sure if its my favorite or my least favorite - but it sure makes me feel as alive as I will ever be

That is definitely an awesome part. It's like Owen Wilson's line in Armageddon: "Great, I got that 'excited/scared' feeling. Like 98% excited, 2% scared. Or maybe it's more - It could be 2 - it could be 98% scared, 2% excited, but that's what makes it so intense, it's so - confused. I can't really figure it out."
Quote Reply

Prev Next