Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Favero Assioma Duo - Clever Training/ DCR??
Quote | Reply
I'm trying to take advantage of the Black Friday deal with Clever Training /DCR to get 20% off of the Favero Assioma Duo.
I keep running into issues with making the purchase though (saying this purchase doesn't qualify for the discount) Has anyone done it?

What's the best deal today on the Favero Assioma Duo?
Quote Reply
Re: Favero Assioma Duo - Clever Training/ DCR?? [cbr shadow] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Was wondering the same thing. Looks like the price for duo is set to drop to $650 today and should update on their website soon. I get same error though with discount code.
Quote Reply
Re: Favero Assioma Duo - Clever Training/ DCR?? [TRobTri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TRobTri wrote:
Was wondering the same thing. Looks like the price for duo is set to drop to $650 today and should update on their website soon. I get same error though with discount code.

I just got an email from CleverTraining and they're saying the Assioma isn't part of the sale. DCR's website is anything but clear.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
cbr shadow wrote:
TRobTri wrote:

I just got an email from CleverTraining and they're saying the Assioma isn't part of the sale. DCR's website is anything but clear.

From the DCR "Black Friday Website": "the specific exclusions are as follows (all at manufacturer request): Favero Assioma, Quarq/SRAM, GoPro, non-power meter Garmin stuff, Fitbit, Elite Fuoripista, Tacx Neo Smart Bike, Wahoo everything (though, hang tight for other Wahoo deals), Kinetic R1. Also note valid on items already on sale."
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
"anything but clear" eh

Quote Reply
Re: Favero Assioma Duo - Clever Training/ DCR?? [friskyDingo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
friskyDingo wrote:
"anything but clear" eh

except he says it should apply for the 10% regular discount

except the price never went to 650 today. CT emailed me back and said their price isn't going down due to fees or something like that
Quote Reply
Re: Favero Assioma Duo - Clever Training/ DCR?? [iamuwere] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Right. I *think* that the early implication was $650 pricing on the DUOs and -10% for CT VIPs. BUT, it seems to be shaking out to be about $650 AFTER the -10% for CT VIPs. So, still a nice decrease relative to pricing from a day ago and a bit of a punch in the nose to PowerTap and Garmin. BUT, not the killer deal that $650 price -10% (as I had interpreted) would be...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
i bought two pair of the duos with the 10% discount through DCR. thats a better deal than you will get anywhere else.

80/20 Endurance Ambassador
Quote Reply
Re: Favero Assioma Duo - Clever Training/ DCR?? [damon.lebeouf] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
damon.lebeouf wrote:
i bought two pair of the duos with the 10% discount through DCR. thats a better deal than you will get anywhere else.

CT is 739 - 10% = $665
The Favero site is $649

It doesn't sound like this is a special deal

What am I getting wrong ?
Quote Reply
Re: Favero Assioma Duo - Clever Training/ DCR?? [marcag] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I purchased a set of Duos direct from Favero for $650 including discounted price was not denoted as a Black Friday special, however, the reduced price only came into effect on Friday. The day before it was about $750.
Quote Reply
Re: Favero Assioma Duo - Clever Training/ DCR?? [marcag] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I've been thinking about this quite a bit. I think that the advantage of CT over direct from Favero is mostly in what happens if there are troubles. CT has awesome customer service, and if you need to send anything back, it's domestic. I have no idea how Favero's customer support is, but if it as good as CT, but you need to send something back, it goes to Italy (I presume). Longer and more expensive. THAT is the benefit (plus supporting the DC Rainmaker site, if you like it and choose to do so (through a CT purchase)). But I don't think that CT or Favero will go below about $650 USD in the US, at least near-term.

Oh, an advantage for direct from Favero...reports on the best/most compatible cleats for the DUO are a little mixed. DCR image shows cleats that are Xpedo. Some say Keo. The image on the Favero website has no branding on the cleat. So, if you order direct from Favero, you can get replacement/additional cleats at the same time (two pairs of shoes, for example). I'm not sure how shipping would work from Italy on a $10 pair of cleats if that was the only item in the shipment (i.e. if you order later, or want them but get the DUOs from CT). Minor potential advantage to purchasing direct from Favero, but there it is.
Quote Reply