Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Fast-skin swim wear for tris?
Quote | Reply
Our tri-team is looking into a Speedo sponsorship but I know from experience that I and probably 2 other guys will not fit their tri apparel. Anyone out there tried the knee length fast skin swim suits for tris before? I have talked to a pro or two and they seem to like them but some of them are in custom suits with built in pads. A friend on the national team tells me they really don't stretch much and we may suffocate in a full suit. A man bra might work but you can't get those unless you have better connections than we will. They sure look fast and with a big enough discount, hopefully free, I may try one but a little info would be great.

Aloha and happy holidays, Tai
Quote Reply
Re: Fast-skin swim wear for tris? [Tai] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hmmm. I know that Craft triathlon clothing for 2005 will feature some type of "slick" hydro-dynamic type fabric....

SuperDave (the Craft rep) knows the particulars if that is of any assistance.....

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I raced in the speedo triathlon skin suit from Olympic distance to Half-Ironman. Your friend his right in mentionning that they don't stretch much. On the run I was pull down the front zipper to not heat up. I did race with the suit in Half Ironman in St.Croix which was pretty hot and still made a pretty good race. The only thing that I would look for is in making sure that the suit is not too tight at the shoulders level because this could slow you down on the run. That's why many people prefer to race in a two-piece suit.

Good luck.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
the fastskin suits are quite nice to race in, but if you look at what the national teams wear, they are not your typical fastskins because there is quite a bit of the stitching missing. As a swimmer i know that we always fit our suits to be extra tight but you'd want to steer clear of this fitting style because i know that the one i swim in is unbearable to wear for a long period of time whereas the one i've used for tris (which i got through national team stuff) is pretty comfy for the full or two piece suits
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
not worth the $$...the FS suits are made for swimmers hoping that their suit will help them be a few .01 or maybe .1 seconds faster in a pool swim...no utility for tri's and pretty expensive. additionally they wear out pretty quick...a swimmer might wear on for two championship meets (12 sessions) but only if they cant get a new one.
Quote Reply