Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

FYI - Had a great run at the Ft Worth Cowtown Half Marathon
Quote | Reply
I had a great time at the Cowtown Marathon yesterday. About 7500 runners, with most doing the half. It was a great day to run - 64 deg to start, overcast but dry, maybe a little humid. They let the people go by corrals and made each corral wait 3 minutes. This really helped early congestion and kept the aid staitions from overcrowding. I have to say the route was really pretty scenic. The course took us through a park, through the stockyards, through the courthouse area, and right through downtown. There were a couple of minor hills, and one long one, but overall it was an interesting course that gave you something to look at along the way. There was a ton of support from the city, with lots of police and fire support. I only saw one medical issue, and that was from heat exhaustion, if I had to guess (gotta drink those fluids, guy!) The support crews were already responding by the time I ran past. I did see 2 guys wearing cow suits on the run(I swear!) I can't imagine how they felt...I was soaked with sweat when I finished at 2:13.

After the race, they corralled us into a barn with with bananas, yogurt, & icecream (yum). The finisher medals were great, and the t-shirts were nice. I saw a golden retriever that had run the entire 13.1 miles. Poor fellow was soaked with sweat. I hope he got a medal and a t-shirt.

Anyways, I had a great time. It was well organized, without too much crowding, and lots of communication. I'm definitely planning on running this one next year, maybe even the full marathon. Congratulations to those who finished.

Punching cockroaches from day 1.
http://www.tri-junkie.com/
Quote Reply