Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

FYI: Garmin 920xt and 620 on sale at REI
Quote | Reply
Hey all, just thought I'd post a heads up. November 13-23, REI has 920xt HRM bundle for $375 and the 620 for 240. Pretty great pricing on these. I don't work for REI, just got a mailer in my mailbox and thought I'd pass it on. Love my 920xt.

If you work harder you'll go faster
Quote Reply
Re: FYI: Garmin 920xt and 620 on sale at REI [timmyc99] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I posted in another thread, but....

http://www.heartratemonitorsusa.com has the 910XT for $179 and even cheaper if you find a discount code online.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Price without hrm?

Thx for posting.
Quote Reply
Re: FYI: Garmin 920xt and 620 on sale at REI [hince57] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm not sure if the non-HRM model is on sale - the only two listed in the mailer were the 920xt and the 620. That being said, there may be other HRMs that are on sale. I would check out the website once the sale starts.

Re: Garmin 910; I had one of these before the 920xt. In my opinion the 920 is everything the 910 wanted to be but wasn't. The addition of things like wifi and bluetooth, as well as the simple ability to wear the 920 like an actual watch during the day make the 920 infinitely more usable than the 910 was. The GPS on the 920 also acquires a signal much faster than the 910. I'm sure these issues have been beaten to death in the forums, just my two cents.

If you work harder you'll go faster
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The for posting
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
REI deal is up on the site. Tested on various products and it works like Wahoo kickr, and garmin. you need to add $20 membership if you aren't a member. You can do that in your shopping cart.

SmartBikeTrainers.com || YouTube || My Twitter
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
DCRainmaker has a link to a good deal on the 920xt.

http://www.dcrainmaker.com/...y-begin-fr920xt.html

What I do: http://app.strava.com/athletes/345699
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
TriSports has the 920XT at 25% off until Nov 23rd.
Quote Reply
Re: FYI: Garmin 920xt and 620 on sale at REI [Tri Nut] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
FYI:
For Garmin, Clevertraining has much better deals. 920xt is $329.99 with free shipping and no membership required. have all details listed on the site in my sig.

Quote Reply
Re: FYI: Garmin 920xt and 620 on sale at REI [hince57] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Does the 910 HR strap work with the 920?

H2Owings wrote:
I posted in another thread, but....

http://www.heartratemonitorsusa.com has the 910XT for $179 and even cheaper if you find a discount code online.

Don't waste your money. MANY of us have been through multiple 910s with the failing altimeter issue. I'm on my third in 18 months and it is of course out of "warranty" (replacing your failed unit with a refurb).
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Does this mean a new slimmer model is on the way?
Quote Reply
Re: FYI: Garmin 920xt and 620 on sale at REI [Tri Nut] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
This is inaccurate details...

The REI Sale started today (11/13) as previous mentioned. You do not have to be a member to get the discount.

From the main page click on 'All Deals' on the bottom, then filter by Brand to display only 'Garmin' items. Then click the 920XT with HRM-Run.

Here is a direct link: http://www.rei.com/...-rate-monitor-bundle

Where Tri Nut likely ended up in T3 (paying $20 to get a 20% discount when a 25% discount was free):
Navigating from the main page to the product itself (in so doing not see the discount applied as the discount is not visible there and saw an additional sale starting today '20% off one full price item for members' and selected it.

Thanks for the original heads up timmyc99.

Also... not to kick a man when he's down but Tri Nut's follow up that CleverTraining has a better deal is also inaccurate. The Clever Training sale doesn't include the HRM-Run heart rate monitor (so for $329 you are missing the $99.99 HRM-Run). Without it you are unable to get Vertical Oscillation or Ground Contact Time data.

My total bill was
$401.24 for the 920XT + HRM-Run shipped. If I lived in a state where REI doesn't have a brick and mortar then it would have been even less ($374.99 shipped).
Last edited by: C|earwater: Nov 13, 15 10:07
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
All Garmin 920XT's are on sale between 11/13 and 11/23 so buy local!

Darryl
Quote Reply
Re: FYI: Garmin 920xt and 620 on sale at REI [runitaly] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Valid point. Just checked a local store.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
runitaly wrote:
All Garmin 920XT's are on sale between 11/13 and 11/23 so buy local!

Darryl

Doesn't look like this applies to Canada. Just checked Amazon.ca, Mec, and RunningRoom and no deal for us Canucks.
Quote Reply
Re: FYI: Garmin 920xt and 620 on sale at REI [C|earwater] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
C|earwater wrote:
This is inaccurate details...

The REI Sale started today (11/13) as previous mentioned. You do not have to be a member to get the discount.

From the main page click on 'All Deals' on the bottom, then filter by Brand to display only 'Garmin' items. Then click the 920XT with HRM-Run.

Here is a direct link: http://www.rei.com/...-rate-monitor-bundle

Where Tri Nut likely ended up in T3 (paying $20 to get a 20% discount when a 25% discount was free):
Navigating from the main page to the product itself (in so doing not see the discount applied as the discount is not visible there and saw an additional sale starting today '20% off one full price item for members' and selected it.

Thanks for the original heads up timmyc99.

Also... not to kick a man when he's down but Tri Nut's follow up that CleverTraining has a better deal is also inaccurate. The Clever Training sale doesn't include the HRM-Run heart rate monitor (so for $329 you are missing the $99.99 HRM-Run). Without it you are unable to get Vertical Oscillation or Ground Contact Time data.

My total bill was
$401.24 for the 920XT + HRM-Run shipped. If I lived in a state where REI doesn't have a brick and mortar then it would have been even less ($374.99 shipped).

You are correct on the Garmin since it is discounted everywhere and you don't even need the coupon. However, for other items that aren't discounted such as the Wahoo KICKR, you do need the membership and the coupon to get the 20% off.
As for the Clever Training deal, you could've gotten the Garmin 920xt plus the HRM from there for $369 with free shipping and probably no tax if you selected it from the drop down menu.

Quote Reply
Re: FYI: Garmin 920xt and 620 on sale at REI [timbasile] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Canada
$449.99 wo/hr
$499.99 w/hr

that's the numbers I have
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
so i have a 910xt. is there any reason to upgrade? i only use it for swim and run. i have a 520 for cycling.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
runitaly wrote:
Canada
$449.99 wo/hr
$499.99 w/hr

that's the numbers I have

Very well - that's what I have too. I doubt it would be a mid-day update, so I blame me.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
same deal on all3sports
http://www.all3sports.com/catalogsearch/result/?cat=0&q=garmin+hrm

Follow me on Twitter @CK21TRHC
I use what I love: ISM, Blue70, Trek, FLO
Quote Reply