Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

FTP ramp test failed results in zwift... a little help?
Quote | Reply
did a ramp today in zwift. i surpassed my previous point of failure by a good bit. this morning i was able to hold all the way through the 300 watt minute. as soon as the 320 watt minute started i bailed.

zwift did not present me with the "i am toast" option or whatever it says to initiate the ramp test completion, it simply went to "increase FTP". i gave it a little bit, waiting for some sort of a prompt like the previous times ive ramped in zwift, nothing.

i closed out the workout, exited zwift, got back in and there was no evidence of any sort of FTP change. i looked in my workout history and there is my ramp test with all the info, however nothing about a new calculated FTP.

i contacted zwift support and asked for a calculated FTP given my efforts and results. initial support person said there was no change in my FTP from previous test. bull hockey. i replied nicely, 2nd support person replied and gave me an astronomical figure that was nowhere near close to what the ramp test would have spit out.

SO, has anyone completed a ramp test in zwift and bailed directly after the 1 minute of 300 watts? what was the calculated FTP? and if no one has, does anyone know the formula to use to calculate it myself? ive done some googling and the only results im seeing are ones about how TR and zwift will now give you a ramp test option, nothing about how to calculate it yourself.

80/20 Endurance Ambassador
Quote Reply
Re: FTP ramp test failed results in zwift... a little help? [damon.lebeouf] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have no direct experience but ramp tests in general are usually somewhere between 75%-80% of the 1 min max power achieved at the end of the ramp test (TR uses 75%). So that puts you somewhere around 225. What interval did you make it to last time, and what FTP did it calculate? you can figure out Zwift's % based on that.
Quote Reply
Re: FTP ramp test failed results in zwift... a little help? [CyclingClyde] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
CyclingClyde wrote:
I have no direct experience but ramp tests in general are usually somewhere between 75%-80% of the 1 min max power achieved at the end of the ramp test (TR uses 75%). So that puts you somewhere around 225. What interval did you make it to last time, and what FTP did it calculate? you can figure out Zwift's % based on that.

last time i bailed a few seconds into the 300 watt minute.

that’s awesome, because that’s EXACTLY where i guesstimated it should be. plus it was a nice round number.

Quote Reply
Re: FTP ramp test failed results in zwift... a little help? [damon.lebeouf] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hey in case it helps, I did a ramp last night and finished the 300 watt one (13/30) and stopped seconds in to the 320. Came out at 225, so another confirmation that is probably correct.

Thanks
Cam

Cam Langsford, Founder at Training Tilt
Should you be selling training plans as part of your business model?
Why your endurance coaching website maybe ignoring 97% of visitors
Free authentic marketing course for endurance coaches
Quote Reply
Re: FTP ramp test failed results in zwift... a little help? [TrainingTilt] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
awesome, thanks a lot!

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
damon.lebeouf wrote:
SO, has anyone completed a ramp test in zwift and bailed directly after the 1 minute of 300 watts? what was the calculated FTP?

2 days ago... showed my FTP as 228W (which leaves me with 10 weeks to get it to 250-260W by October 20 for the Goa HIM... FML).

--
Those who are slower than me suck.
Those who are faster than me dope
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Some weeks ago bailed in the half of the minute following the 300W. Ended up with ftp of 231w in TR.
Quote Reply