Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

FSA Mega Exo with Shimano BB??
Quote | Reply
Has anyone tried using a FSA Mega EXO crank with a dura ace bb? My FSA bb is fried and I'd rather replace it with a shimano if it will work

Just wondered before I take it apart.

David
Quote Reply
Re: FSA Mega Exo with Shimano BB?? [kytri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
my friend is using an fsa ceramic bb with his DA cranks. That's opposite of what you asked for but may be helpful.

Dan
www.aiatriathlon.com

http://www.aiatriathlon.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I actually just tried to put on a Shimano BB with Phil Wood bearings on my Felt S22 (FSA MegaExo BB and Truvativ Rouleur crank) and it did not fit properly. The BB was tight but the crank still moved laterally a little bit. If you are able to get it to work please let me know how you did it, as I couldnt.
Quote Reply
Re: FSA Mega Exo with Shimano BB?? [tbnswim07] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
There is a spacer on the drive side of the external bb cup. At least there was on mine. Once I put that on the D/A it was fine. Without it mine had lateral movement too.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I used to build up a lot of our custom builds with FSA. After grief with the FSA BB we started right from the get go using the Shimano BB of FSA crank sets & trashing the FSA BB. In every case the Shimano external BB worked perfectly with the FSA sets.

Paul "Speedy" Gonsalves
http://www.rollingthundercanada.com
RollingThunderCanada

Canadian distributor for HED Cycling, Blue Competition, Akona Biospeed & Aerus Composites

Quote Reply
Re: FSA Mega Exo with Shimano BB?? [Speedy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
cool thanks, that's good to know... this is the 2nd FSA bb I've had and both developed play/creaking after 1000 miles or so. I'll try a shimano.

Did you use the spacer with the Shimano bb?
Quote Reply
Re: FSA Mega Exo with Shimano BB?? [Speedy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Me ??? LOL I pay a master mechanic to do the wrench work on the Blue Competition custom builds. I can ask him about the spacer.
Quote Reply