Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

FORM goggles - anyone bothered by smoke lens?
Quote | Reply
I'm not picky about goggles in general, but I love high visibility. I'm thinking about FORM goggles and notice they only come in tinted/mirrored lenses. Is anyone bothered by the tint for indoor swimming? I have a good indoor pool and the lighting is probably better than average, but that is setting the bar pretty low.
Quote Reply
Re: FORM goggles - anyone bothered by smoke lens? [tomljones3] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The tint doesn’t bother me, but if you like visibility you won’t like the goggles. It’s been mentioned in several thread about the limited visibility.

My indoor pool is mostly lit No problem. by sun light. So on cloudy days it is dark. I don’t have a problem seeing the black line I’m following.

The good news is there’s 30-days of free trial. You can try them for a week and see how you like them.

(I have no financial ties to FORM.

Not a coach. Not a FOP Tri/swimmer/biker/runner. Barely a MOP AGer.
But I'm learning and making progress.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Just picked up a pair of these goggles recently. Absolutely no problem pool swimming and for me my biggest worry was going to be my old man eyes and lack of near vision—and this has also proven to not be a problem. If you’re interested in the tech the lens color should not be an issue. Biggest adjustment will likely be how you push off the wall without letting a bit of water sneak in now and again.
Quote Reply
Re: FORM goggles - anyone bothered by smoke lens? [LEBoyd] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
LEBoyd wrote:
The tint doesn’t bother me, but if you like visibility you won’t like the goggles. It’s been mentioned in several thread about the limited visibility.

My indoor pool is mostly lit No problem. by sun light. So on cloudy days it is dark. I don’t have a problem seeing the black line I’m following.

The good news is there’s 30-days of free trial. You can try them for a week and see how you like them.

(I have no financial ties to FORM.

Yeah I agree with this. I have no issues with the tint. But I’ll say the level of visibility is not great in general because of the shape of the lenses (not because of the screen/content displayed). I have difficulty especially in open water, it takes some getting used to. I’ve seen some people replace the lense on the non screen side to their preference to fix this. Otherwise I think they are amazing.

My Strava | My Instagram | Summerville, SC | 35-39 AG | 4:41 (70.3), 10:05 (140.6) | 3x70.3, 1x140.6 | Cat 2 Cyclist
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have had my goggles for many years now. The main issue i have are the lenses became scratched over time and visibilty became much worse. Dont want to pop out a lot of money for a new pair though just for the lenses.
Quote Reply
Re: FORM goggles - anyone bothered by smoke lens? [Swutch] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
They sell replacement lenses. https://www.formswim.com/products/goggles-lens

----------------------------------
Editor-in-Chief, Slowtwitch.com | Twitter
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I personally found the lack of visibility very disorienting and I returned them. Worth a shot for you to try though, as they were easy to work with when I returned them. I really wanted to like them, but they weren’t for me.
Quote Reply