Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

FIXAPALOOZA dates
Quote | Reply
I'm now thinking maybe March 25, 26, 27 (Friday thru Sunday) might be the best weekend. Weekend after this is the Strawberry Triathlon, and that's going to suck up a lot of the L.A. Tri Club folks.

So, is there ANYTHING that Mar 25-27 conflicts with? If not, and if I can't figure out what that's a bad date, then later this morning, I'll announce this as the weekend.

Let me know what I'm missing on this weekend, there must be something.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Re: FIXAPALOOZA dates [Slowman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Dagnabit Dan! I only have one week free and clear this spring, and that's the one. I wish you weren't so far away, I'm really tempted. If I drove I would get there in time for the last weiny roast.

Jim

**Note above poster works for a retailer selling bikes and related gear*
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Three days of fixin. I'm going to need to buy an old beater so I can keep busy. That or bring a keg. Is Xantusia an alcohol free establishment?

I'm hoping we do a TT up Big Pines Hwy, you know, since it's your local hillclimb and all. The Girl just contacted me via my link at the bottom of this post, maybe she'll come out and lay it down to all the haters.
Quote Reply
Re: FIXAPALOOZA dates [Sojourner] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"Is Xantusia an alcohol free establishment?"

Are you kidding???
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Slowman..please make it an annual thing-I might be inspired to train by next year at this time. Just one more year left here in hell then I get to do what I want...although pretty much have been doing what I want, just boxed in by responsibilities :-(

Hope you guys have a blast!
Quote Reply
Re: FIXAPALOOZA dates [Pooks] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
"Is Xantusia an alcohol free establishment?"

Are you kidding???
Hey, I've never hung out there and I havn't noticed any "Beers For The Serious Triathlete" editorials on this website, so I figured I should ask. Based on your "How's my position" thread I'm pretty sure your establishment isn't alcohol free, though it was clearly free of any GOOD alcohol, in the pictures at least, but it's not being held there so.... I wouldn't think Xantusia, the land of The Single Man, would be free of beer, but weirder things have happened.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You know, you take some photos of drinking a bud to get some laughs and everybody craps on you... I welcome you to look through my fridge and wine fridge and I'm sure you'll be pleased. ;-)
Quote Reply
Re: FIXAPALOOZA dates [Pooks] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I think the bud contrasted so heavily with your otherwise obvious refined taste in decor that people feel the need to mention it.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
of all the weekends in March, that is the only one I have open, so good choice.Might even take in a half day of skiing while I'm there. And Xantusia is certainly not alcohol free. Bring a keg, just make sure it's not some standard American beer (Bud, Coors, Miller etc).

Mike Plumb, TriPower MultiSports
Professional Running, Cycling and Multisport Coaching, F.I.S.T. Certified
http://www.tripower.org
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Perfect. Weekend after Oceanside and during taper for IMAZ.

Any chance of a position check/fitting at some point Sat/Sun? I think you mentioned you'd have a few wrenches in atttendance, paid of course.
Quote Reply
Re: FIXAPALOOZA dates [Mike Plumb] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Take it easy there. Beer snobs are not much different than bike snobs.

Burns (Check the job thread)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
"though it was clearly free of any GOOD alcohol"

i can only speak for mark and i. here are our rules:

1. only boutique beer. no coors, bud, mich, etc. sam adams is the one mass produced beer allowed. well, and corona. otherwise, it's the $5/6pk stuff you get from trader joes.

2. only 100% blue agave tequila. that means herradura, patron, and so forth. the default tequila here is sauza hornitos, and 2 years ago costco had it mismarked for $19 for 1.5 liters. they had 40-something bottles of this, and mark bought them all, like around $1500 worth of tequila, and we're working our way through this 15 or so gallons.

3. for margaritas: only premium orange liqueur, such as grand marnier, cointreau. patron makes or sells this stuff called citroen, it's passable.

4. lime juice: only from limes fresh squoze on the premises.

otherwise, i don't care. if you want to bring up thunderbird or boones farm, two buck chuck, fine with us. but the rules above are hard and fast.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Re: FIXAPALOOZA dates [BLACKSHEEP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"Any chance of a position check/fitting at some point Sat/Sun?"

we will do some sort of fit seminar. no, i'm not going to fit whomever wants to be fit. but, i'll do a group seminar thing. and, i'll probably invite a couple of "guest fitters" up and you can pay them to do the whole fit enchilada if you want.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Man, looks like i'm going to miss another great event. I won't be visiting my folks in CA until early april so looks like I'll have to pass this one up. Have fun guys.

berndog
How did we all get sucked into this crazy sport anyway?!!
Quote Reply