Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Experience With Insulated Bottles?
Quote | Reply
I'm not sure how much of a shock cool liquids are on the system when it's hot out, but I do know that the heat lately has been a shock to my system and it seems that cool liquids would be helpful.

Wondering specifically about the Polar insulated bottles.
http://store.yahoo.com/...yclebuy/596-170.html

Any insight out there whether or not they are actually functional?
Quote Reply
Re: Experience With Insulated Bottles? [Sojourner] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
they are the best! water that used to feel like it was boiling after a long ride is still frozen! they are defently worth it.
Quote Reply
Re: Experience With Insulated Bottles? [SBike1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
they are the best! water that used to feel like it was boiling after a long ride is still frozen! they are defently worth it.
Sold.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
http://www.cyclingnews.com/...2005/may05/may23news

"CSC team doctor Piet Daneels said that Basso drank a lot of cold water last Friday, which really upset his stomach."

I tried one. It worked okay for about an hour. About the two hour range, it was pretty much the same temperature as the surroundings.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I bought one of those polar bottles recently. Didn't notice a big difference. Disappointing.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The Polar bottle I bought last month was my best purchase this year. I freeze it the night before a long, hot ride. Its ice cold, in 90 plus, for 2 and half hours. Its a heavy freaking thing, though.

Worth every bit of 12 bucks.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Put a wet sock around a cold bottle - works as well as any polar bottle.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've been sold on the Polar bottles for a few years now. They are all I use. I am in south Louisiana and today was 97 and muggy as hell - I saw heat index of 115 on the local weather forecast today, though that sounds a bit high. I'll freeze a couple before heading out on a long ride. Well worth twelve bucks.

Ben
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Can you try taping some aluminum foil around your bottles and be gentle when putting them back in the cages? Reflectivity and disassociating the materials should come to your aide... maybe enough to hold you over until you buy the fancy schmancy ones. Should knock down moderately on condensation.

Good luck in the heat,

Daniel

The question of who is right and who is wrong has seemed to me always too small to be worth a moment's thought, while the question of what is right and what is wrong has seemed all-important.

-Albert J. Nock
Quote Reply
Re: Experience With Insulated Bottles? [JohnA] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Put a wet sock around a cold bottle - works as well as any polar bottle.

Cheapskate!

Sojo, the bottles work well, no question. I love mine. Only downside is the top has a hollow area under the tip that fills with drink power mix if you shake it without having swirled it around first. Makes it a pain to clean if you aren't careful. Perpeteum was the worst for that.

Too f@ckin depressed from various injuries to care about having a signature line.

Sponsored by Blue Shield PPO.
Quote Reply