Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Exercises for shin problems
Quote | Reply
I keep getting shin soreness - diagnosed (when I got it last year) as Medial compartment syndrome. Mainly it occurs on theinside of the shin where I think the Muscle attaches to the bone (about where the calf is thickest) which is sore if pressed.

Most books seem to say it is a result of high milage or lots of high intensity work, but I only run 3 times a week - one 40 min steady run around soft fields, one 50 min run (as 40min run) and one track session with local athletics club - which also includes drills + mobility work. It seem strange that I can run for months with no problems then with out changing my training - bingo it start up.

Can anyone recomend any exersizes to help prevent this - I think I need to do more to stretch my calve musscles. I really want to work on my running this year which is weak compaired to my cycling. Any advice that would help me stregthen this area to let me increase my training time would be excellant.
Quote Reply
Re: Exercises for shin problems [boing] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Check your running technique first. Heel strike = shin pain (for some/many).

Too f@ckin depressed from various injuries to care about having a signature line.

Sponsored by Blue Shield PPO.
Quote Reply
Re: Exercises for shin problems [boing] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Oh HELL NO, let's go right to surgery! Let's open 'er up and get a good look.

Quote Reply