Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Ex-Doper Wins IM Maryland
Quote | Reply
Amazing that M. Weiss gets to continue to go to Kona.
Last edited by: rrheisler: Sep 18, 23 5:09
Quote Reply
Re: [ex]Doper Wins IM Maryland [jkhayc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jkhayc wrote:

As the winner, maybe they could invite him here for an AMA.

What could go wrong ?
Quote Reply
Re: [marcag] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
marcag wrote:
jkhayc wrote:

What could go wrong ?

Michi did an AMA here 10 years ago, and it went OK. But some folks can't let go. If you have that big an issue with it, maybe you should contact WADA??

https://forum.slowtwitch.com/...tions_here_P4885704/
Last edited by: SBRcanuck: Sep 17, 23 5:25
Quote Reply
Re: [SBRcanuck] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
SBRcanuck wrote:
marcag wrote:
jkhayc wrote:

What could go wrong ?

Michi did an AMA here 10 years ago, and it went OK. But some folks can't let go. If you have that big an issue with it, maybe you should contact WADA??

oh I remember the thread, I was kidding.

Our opinion on "it went OK" differs.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Check out Sam long and Cody beals IG. they both seemed to *miss congratulating him.

http://www.TriScottsdale.org
Quote Reply
Re: [marcag] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
marcag wrote:
SBRcanuck wrote:
marcag wrote:
jkhayc wrote:

What could go wrong ?

oh I remember the thread, I was kidding.

Our opinion on "it went OK" differs.

Yea, “it differs” a bit. Just a bit.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I ask this as a genuine question, I’m not totally sure what my own opinion is.

Do people deserve a second chance? His doping infringement was, what, two decades ago? He served his ban, let him be.

Orrrr….yes, let him be as a human being, but not in professional sport.

I can argue it both ways. Interested to hear what side of the fence others are on.
Quote Reply
Re: [cherry_bomb] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
cherry_bomb wrote:

Do people deserve a second chance? His doping infringement was, what, two decades ago? He served his ban, let him be.

I can argue it both ways. Interested to hear what side of the fence others are on.

My opinion has not changed in 10 years.

Own up to your mistake, show a bit of regret and you deserve a second chance

https://forum.slowtwitch.com/...tring=weiss#p4886198
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
cherry_bomb wrote:

I'm with you. The guy made a bad choice a long long time ago. If he's clean now and he served his penance then he gets to do whatever's coming to him. Do not get mad at the person because the rules don't have the same pound of flesh that you're looking for. Lobby for rule change that is a lifetime ban. People make mistakes and make bad choices and they pay the price, this desire to see someone continually be punished for something they did a long long time ago makes no sense to me
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Whatever the WADA and the governing body of Triathlon allow is okay with me. The dude was a tool for doping but smarter people than me say that he has done his time and can race. No amount of bitching will change that.

The most shocking thing to me about those results is that Sam Long can't win a "B" Ironman,especially one with a stupidly short swim.
( and before you all freak on me,I like Sam)
Last edited by: ThailandUltras: Sep 17, 23 6:13
Quote Reply
Re: [davegibb26.2] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Would you let someone that’s a registered sex offender due to a conviction 10 years ago babysit your child? If no, why?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
cherry_bomb wrote:

Yes, I believe people definitely deserve second chances. I find the insinuations that he is still cheating and this entire thread to be rather mean spirited. There is no evidence of any cheating here. I was under the impression we didn’t do this on ST.

No one is banned for life in my book for doing anything. People can change.

That might sound idealistic but I’m sticking to it.
Quote Reply
Re: [SBRcanuck] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
SBRcanuck wrote:
marcag wrote:
jkhayc wrote:

What could go wrong ?

https://forum.slowtwitch.com/...tions_here_P4885704/

yes that went 100 percent as dan had planed it...
Quote Reply
Re: [jkhayc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jkhayc wrote:
Would you let someone that’s a registered sex offender due to a conviction 10 years ago babysit your child? If no, why?

Lol. Sure the exact same thing. Have a good day
Quote Reply
Re: [Tribike53] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Which posts contain insinuations that he is still cheating?
Quote Reply
Re: [davegibb26.2] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Are you familiar with analogies?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
jkhayc wrote:

That’s a ridiculous analogy. Maybe if you had said if a friend slept with another friend’s wife would you trust him with your wife. Maybe not, but I also wouldn’t say he isn’t allowed to be around any women the rest of his life.

Doping is not even close to child molestation, rape or murder stop making these horrible comparisons.
Quote Reply
Re: [ThailandUltras] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Those newborns really are a nuisance aren’t they
Quote Reply
Re: [marquette42] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What is the greatest, most egregious offense in the world of endurance sport?

Whatever that analogy is, use that.

ETA - you used "child molestation" and "rape," not me. I just said sex offender.
Last edited by: jkhayc: Sep 17, 23 6:32
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
jkhayc wrote:

ETA - you used "child molestation" and "rape," not me. I just said sex offender.

Being a sanctimonious prick is almost as bad as being an unrepentant doper. But fortunate for both of you they are both can be forgivable.
Last edited by: marquette42: Sep 17, 23 6:35
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
cherry_bomb wrote:

I do not think he should be allowed to be a professional athlete. He can compete in his age group, at most, but earning money and sponsorships with a doping ban on his record is, in my opinion, lame. I believe most professionals that have raced in the same field as him (which is most professional triathletes at this point) would probably agree. Jason Pohl would have an IM victory so his credit, Sam Long would have his Kona spot, and Cody Beals would have a podium finish. Just from this weekend. Now go back through his history since his joke of an AMA and see how many careers his results have affected over that period. It's gonna be a big number.
Quote Reply
Re: [marquette42] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
marquette42 wrote:
jkhayc wrote:

Being a sanctimonious prick is almost as bad as being an unrepentant doper. But fortunate for both of you they are both can be forgivable.

Good edit. I see you're a "forgive and forget" type. Serves you well I'm sure.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
cherry_bomb wrote:

In addition to what others have said about showing remorse. Another common complaint people have is that as long as athletes keep training they are still reaping the benefits of doping. I think the let him be as a human being but not in professional sport side works for this, despite the fact you’re destroying this person’s livelihood, but they cheated so maybe they had it coming? For example if I dope like crazy for two years with no racing, then stop doping and start racing I will show as clean despite having a huge advantage. I think there’s some legitimacy to this argument but am unsure how to prevent it.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
jkhayc wrote:
marquette42 wrote:
jkhayc wrote:

Good edit. I see you're a "forgive and forget" type. Serves you well I'm sure.

Yup he suffered the consequences of his actions and served his ban. Same for you I’ll forget you exist and the next time I see a post from you I won’t hold it against you that you equated cheating in a sport to being a sex offender against a child.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
cherry_bomb wrote:

This is a well posed question and I also wrestle with the issue. One way I answer it is to think of myself as the person who made the mistake. While much depends on the nature and extent of the violation, I’m pretty sure I’d feel I deserve a second chance.
Quote Reply

Prev Next