Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Even better than Le Tour...
Quote | Reply
My boy PowerGyoza just finished his first ever triathlon this morning, taking 26th place overall. Having only learned to swim this year, he stormed out of the water in 117th position and posted the 6th fastest bike split of the day! A solid (~25min/5k) run netted him a top quarter overall placement.

Congrats PG, we're all proud of you!

<If you're gonna be dumb, you gotta be tough>
Get Fitter!
Proud member of the Smartasscrew, MONSTER CLUB
Get your FIX today?
Quote Reply
Re: Even better than Le Tour... [Khai] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What... No love? No props?

I hereby demand that props be given! A year ago this cat couldn't dog-paddle 5m to save his own drowning ass! He is now a triathlete (and not a poseur, either).

Show the man a little love...

Get Fitter!
Get your FIX today?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Props. Major props.

Adam
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I say "wowie neato cool" to Power Gyoza.

Anyone who names themselves after one of my favourite appitisers has to be cool, and for him to have made this much progress deserves more props than what I can give.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Props, even if he isn't a poseur...

Cousin Elwood - Team Over-the-hill Racing
Brought to you by the good folks at Metamucil and Geritol...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
When I first saw your post I thought you we're being your typical gear junkie self who talks about the Le Tour sem-dry lube from Brandford Bike. Why I didn't think of TdF escapes me. Oh yah, cuz I'm hopelessly more of a gear junkie than you!

Boy was I surprised when I realized this thread was for sending me your props. Thanks buddy! Your cheers along with Gregg's & Grace's really helped me push through when the going was tough.

I'm so ready for some more training now. Next goal: a sprint-tri with a 750m swim. Now how do I do 2x the distance in the same time as my 400m?

Thanks to all you ST'ers out there. All your posts, especially those about swim technique & pose are one of the big reasons why I did so well.

-----------------------
Proud member of Team Tooth Pick (TTP): like a leaf in the wind.
Quote Reply
Re: Even better than Le Tour... [powergyoza] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
lol - dude, I've never even heard of that lube. I just picked up some ProLink Pro Gold from MEC the other day, so we'll see how that stuff is (I'm ditching the Ice Wax).

You totally deserve mad props for what you've accomplished though. A job well done. As for swimming 750 in the same time as your 400? I know of a guy named Thorpe who can probably help you out if you want to relay...

Get Fitter!
Get your FIX today?
Quote Reply