Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Epic Camp New Zealand - Join Gordo Byrn, Scott Molina & John Newsom
Quote | Reply
Hi All,

There are a limited number of spaces left on Epic Camp New Zealand.
The camp will be held in early January 2006, starting & finishing from Christchurch, New Zealand.

If you've read the reports from previous camps you know this is a unique chance to learn from the very best in the business (plus see the amazing countryside of Godzone - aka New Zealand). Rest assured the Epic experience will push you to and beyond boundaries that you though were not possible.

More details can be found by visiting www.epiccamp.com

Cheers
John

==============
Triathloncoach.net premium online coaching
Quote Reply
Re: Epic Camp New Zealand - Join Gordo Byrn, Scott Molina & John Newsom [John Newsom] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Great.....suffering squared. Not for this fat mongrel, but thanks for the offer.

(I'd love to be fit or fast enough to consider myself worthy for such a camp. It does sound like my kinda fun)

Will Gordo be in attendance, even after his recent retirement or whatever he calls his hiatus?

TriDork

"Happiness is a myth. All you can hope for is to get laid once in a while, drunk once in a while and to eat chocolate every day"
Quote Reply
Re: Epic Camp New Zealand - Join Gordo Byrn, Scott Molina & John Newsom [tridork] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Gordo will be at all the Epic Camps. Believe me a slightly less fit Gordo will still be able to do crank some decent speed & volume - he will be well prepared for the camps.

John

==============
Quote Reply
Re: Epic Camp New Zealand - Join Gordo Byrn, Scott Molina & John Newsom [John Newsom] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sounds like fun, but not fast enough YET! Give me a little time and maybe I will make it :-)
Quote Reply
Re: Epic Camp New Zealand - Join Gordo Byrn, Scott Molina & John Newsom [Marisol] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I think there is a bit of misconception about how fast the guys on Epic Camp are in terms of Ironman finishing times. In Australia this year we have quite a big range from 8:30 - 11:00 IM PB times. If you are in the slower end of this bracket what we are looking for is athletes with a good attitude and the desire to push their personal boundries. The guys with slower IM PB's did remarkably well and loved every minute of it.

==============
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yes but still... My PB is 11:16 with a 6:00 bike split.. wesite says 5:30 IM split. i think next year, I may be fast enough for that:-) It is something for me to think about when I have more money and faster times. Sounds like a great opportunity.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
John, I am waiting for the Molina Epic Camp in the French Alpes. He says summer of 2006. If I don't go trekking with my dad to Kanchenjunga base camp (3rd highest mtn in the world) next April (ie 40th birthday midlife crisis present), then I would love to do the long anticipated Alpes Epic Camp. I have no issue riding 4-8 hours per day, although my Ironman bike PB of 5:17 is around 10 years old. I am more of a 5:40ish guy over the past few that I have done. It would be totally awesome to ride with one of my tri heros from back in 85 (ie Terminator USTS winning streak)
Quote Reply
Re: Epic Camp New Zealand - Join Gordo Byrn, Scott Molina & John Newsom [devashish paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I am in the process of planning epic france at the moment. The preliminary details are on www.epiccamp.com We will be going to the Pyreneese in 2006, it will be a classic camp, start training now!!

==============
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
...John, what's this about the Pyranees ??? What happened to the talk about the Alpes: Galibier, Croix de Fer, Izoard, Madeleine, Sestriere, Les Deux Alpes, Sarennes, Joue Plaine, Lauteret etc etc etc await. Surely you don't want to pass these monsters up for Tourmalet etc ??? How about both in one trip with a day at Ventoux in between for good measure ?
Quote Reply
Re: Epic Camp New Zealand - Join Gordo Byrn, Scott Molina & John Newsom [devashish paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
We'll get to the alps in future camps. I've been to both the Alpes & the Pyreneese and you need not worry there are some classics other than just the Col de Tourmalet (Hautacam, Col D'Aubisque, Luz Ardiden and Col D'Aspin to name a few). Unfortunatley as much as we would love to do both sets of mountains logistics & time will prevent us from doing so in one camp.

==============
Quote Reply