Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Entourage? Is this common for the top guys?
Quote | Reply
from velonews:

Pevenage said Ullrich comes as a package and that won't be cheap even in today's cycling climate.

"My mobile telephone has been on all the time and so far no team has called me to make an offer," Pevenage told Reuters. "The problem is that there is not much money in cycling at the moment and there are five of us in Jan's entourage -- Jan, his training partner, me, his mechanic and his masseur. That's a lot of people to find money for."

Do all the top guys come as a package deal? I wonder if Mike Tyson's entourage is this big?
Quote Reply
Re: Entourage? Is this common for the top guys? [jaylew] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I always travel with an entourage:

Four bald German men dressed in black slacks and black turtlenecks and sunglasses to act as my "drivers". One carries a black brief case all the time. His name is Mr. 9.

A full compliment of "masseurs" selected for their resemblance to Christina Aguliera, Thora Birch and Kate Winslett.

A "confidential secretary" named Ms. Taken screened from thousands of willing and well equipped applicants to attend to my every personal and athletic need.

And of course, my full staff of 34 domestiques and yard men clad in the finest leather and kevlar habiliments on high powered Japanese motorcycles for my motorpacing, motorcade and security services.

Don't you have an entourage?

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply
Re: Entourage? Is this common for the top guys? [Tom Demerly] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have my wife ,my kids and my grandchildren. If I'm behind I send a grandchild out into the road to stop traffic until I catch up.
Quote Reply
Re: Entourage? Is this common for the top guys? [jaylew] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I know of a couple of entourages:

1) Son of Bun, a legend-in-his own mind finger puppet, has a large entourage. He typically travels in the pocket of his business partner (who is his newsletter editor, sponsored athlete, and performs other duties), Illena Skrooum (a lawyer and his girlfriend), three Hell's Angels (his body guards), Drunk Ass Mouse (a former race mouse turned alcoholic, whom Son of Bun had unwittingly adopted), occasionally Stan Over-Beit (a finger puppet cousin of his from China with a sizeable over bite), and has several other body guards at different times. An urban legend says he scared an old woman in Vegas with his entourage, then later sent a dozen of red roses each with a one hundred dollar bill to apologise for his action.

2) A hair dresser whom I will not name who works with me typically has many girls who hang with him. This would be great if he were straight, but he is DEFINITELY not.

3) I typically never travel with entourage these days, but have been known to have one earlier in my career. Usually, it was young women who found my racing fascinating, and usually stayed in the same hotel room with me (with one king size bed). This entourage immediately ended when the new Mrs. bunnyman arrived on the scene.
Quote Reply
Re: Entourage? Is this common for the top guys? [bunnyman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Truthfully I only have a dented-up Subaru and two mangy cats. But we all have our dreams.....

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply
Re: Entourage? Is this common for the top guys? [Tom Demerly] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Well, a dented up Subaru and two mangy cats is better than nothing. Mrs. bunnyman has mandated that the only member of my entourage is either my car or her along with it. I don't even have a bunny to come along with me these days :^(
Quote Reply