Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Entering races overseas and coronavirus
Quote | Reply
So, I did Taupo 70.3 on weekend just been. Was hoping to qualify for Worlds in November but missed out by 31 seconds in my age group. My age group (40-44) had 7 qualifiers and they all took their slots.

Was thinking about doing Sunshine Coast in September to give it a second go (I live in NZ and this gives me the chance to have a break now and then build again), but with coronavirus I am still a little undecided.

Are others changing their race plans or not entering races because of this situation?
Quote Reply
Re: Entering races overseas and coronavirus [fulla] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm travelling from Australia to do an IM distance race in France at the end of May and racing 70.3 worlds at Taupo in November. I still plan to go but a wait and see scenario I guess. I probably wouldn't enter anything at the moment unless I was prepared to lose the money.

On a side note I would be surprised that Sunny Coast will get you a 2020 worlds spot. I would have thought it would get you a 2021 spot by then.
Quote Reply
Re: Entering races overseas and coronavirus [Shambolic] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Have you booked accommodation for Taupo yet? It seems to be really full already, so if you haven't, you had better get on to it.

One of the places left is an absolute ripoff. Silver Fern Lodge, which is basically like a hostel (we had booked there, saw the room and then went elsewhere), is charging close to $800 a night for 5 nights.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I wouldn’t bother entering anything in the new few months even local. Hard to say 6 months out, China is getting back to normal now.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I booked on Friday and found an Airbnb 1 mile from the city centre for a bargain. I was pretty lucky finding it I think. I couldn't believe nothing available close to town now and the prices...
Quote Reply