Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Endurance Nation again makes no sense. [sentania] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have no skin in this game to "win an argument". Just trying to have a little fun. Looking at what he was wearing I would have assumed the man enjoys a good laugh.
Quote Reply
Re: Endurance Nation again makes no sense. [sentania] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
sentania wrote:
You find it so difficult to win this argument that you resort to what is essentially an ad hominem attack?

It's easy to sling stones behind your wall of anonymity...

You win by virture of using 'ad hominem'. Well done. Now please lock this thread!
Quote Reply
Re: Endurance Nation again makes no sense. [johnnybefit] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
Now please lock this thread!

ditto. because unless Rich and Patrick man-up, put on their gorilla suits, and start pacing their clients, they're just a bunch of no talent hacks.
Quote Reply
Re: Endurance Nation again makes no sense. [tucktri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
tucktri wrote:
Murphy'sLaw wrote:
Sigh.

You bought a plan, and don't like that it isn't "custom", daily, 1-1 contact, blah blah blah. WTF??
What did you expect?

That's like buying a Toyota Camry, and then bitching that's it's not a Bugatti.

Opinions are like a Escalade - everybody got one.

You should of went out on a high note with the apples and walruses line.

Yes, I should've.

(apparently *somebody* just didn't get it... )

Apples. Walruses. Beyotches!
/ drops mic

float , hammer , and jog

Quote Reply
Re: Endurance Nation again makes no sense. [Murphy'sLaw] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hole

Lee

Crap

!!!

My last reply was a week ago, on a plane, haven't looked at it since. I'm still on the road, now in Madison, leading a training camp from 5p tonight through Sunday. So far it's been an awesome week:
  • We had about 200-220 attend our Four Keys talk in Lake Placid and we were able to raise about $1200 to help the theatre convert to digital and stay in business. The theatre was built in 1926 and has been family owned since 1961. Very cool owners. More to the point, the talk was very successful. This venue, vs in the grass at the swim start, encouraged Patrick and I dial things in better. We talked for about 60' and Patrick gave a very detailed walkthru of the course.

• We had 2 AG winners at LP and many, many 45'-2hr+ PR's. A couple who came to our 4k talk thanked us after the race for helping them place 5th and 6th, I believe, in their age groups. A training plan athlete thanked us for his 5th place finish. Many, many props internally from our team, thanking us for helping them to achieve and exceed their goals. Sorry, we just haven't had time to publish any of this, as Patrick had surgery yesterday for a broken clavicle and I'm traveling.

• We will do the same for Ironman Wisconsin, hosted at the Overture Center for the Arts right off the capitol square. I checked out the venue today and it's a first class space. The talk is free and you can register here. Over 115 have signed up since yesterday. The space seats ~300, I expect we'll be turning people away.

• Re money: I would just like to point out that the coaches tell us how / what / why we should be coaching are charging several times per month what our members pay us. I say again, Endurance Nation members pay $109/mo after a FREE 7-day trial and a 30 day money-back guarantee. Many, many of our members are paying us MUCH less than this, after having come on board with us years ago under a different monthly fee, which we have always honored. We are very confident that we offer an excellent value, as a combination of customer service, advice, response times, resources, opportunities to get help from me, Patrick, and their peers...and price. So rather than talk about what we're not doing for the $250-400+/mo that my athletes are not paying me, maybe we could have a parallel discussion about what these coaches would do for athletes at the $39 to $109 that my athletes are paying me. I'm just sayin'...

If you're curious about us, see my signature. Sign up for our waiting list and create a free 7-day trial in October when we open the doors. Check out how Patrick and I coach our athletes, our resources, and, most importantly, ask our athletes about their experiences with us. Don't talk to me, talk to them. In that 7 days I'll send you about 3 reminders to cancel. If you cancel we'll give you a 20% discount on a training plan. If you forget to cancel, we'll refund your money. If you change your mind after 30-days, we'll refund your money. Why?

Our team is 6yrs old. These are my athletes but also my friends and training partners. I know their husbands, wives, kids, and dogs. We've broken bread and had beers together. We are a very, very high quality space. We only want people in that space who have determined for themselves that we are a good fit for them, their coaching, training, and racing needs. If we are not a good fit for each other, or you require something beyond our terms of service, I will happily shake your hand, refund your money, and wish you a great season.

++++

Rich Strauss
Endurance Nation Ironman 2013 and 2014 World Champion TriClub, Div I
Create a FREE 7-day trial membership
Last edited by: Rich Strauss: Aug 1, 13 13:13
Quote Reply
Re: Endurance Nation again makes no sense. [Rich Strauss] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Accidentally bumped into this thread and just wanted to defend EN. I used their advanced plan to a 10.5 hour Ironman at Louisville back in 08'. Their plan was far from easy and I didn't feel like I trained any less than previous Ironman plans from other coaches. My peak weeks were in the 15-18 hour range with my biggest week at 20.5 hours. The best thing that EN taught me is strategy and planning; specifically, how to maximize your potential without blowing up or being too conservative. Yes, they are big on intensity in training but the I feel I had the fitness in my previous Ironman's just poor race strategy. Rich and Patrick's strategies regarding fueling, pacing, and using your power meter during an Ironman were invaluable lessons and at a fraction of the price of other coaching options.
Quote Reply

Prev Next