Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Elite aero bottle. how to stop it falling out?
Quote | Reply
What are the tricks to getting this bottle to stay in place? mine has fallen out many times and i have heard there are some hacks to fix it.

firstly is the carbon cage better than the plastic one?

also i have heard some people moulded the cage tighter or used some velcro tape on the bottle. please let me know if you have any fail safe methods to keep it in place
Quote Reply
Re: Elite aero bottle. how to stop it falling out? [LordFarquuad] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I've never had it come out when I place it in properly. It did happen to me a couple times that I did not place the rear in first before snapping the front in place. It looked like it was in place, but after a couple 100m it came flying out.

Something else I do after drinking from it is reinflate it, but this has more to avoid rattling than anything else.
Last edited by: TomvdS: Sep 6, 23 2:09
Quote Reply
Re: Elite aero bottle. how to stop it falling out? [LordFarquuad] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Use the heat gun to heat up the cage gently and squeeze them to make it narrow. Spray with water to harden. That’s it. I’ve done that for all my cages to make them slightly tighter. Remove the cage from the bike and do that btw. Not when it’s on the bike.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
There isn't anything you cant fix with duct/gaffer tape....it's just a question of how much.

I tape a small amount onto the bottle where it fits into the cage arms to make a snugger fit. It hasn't fallen out since.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I use a rubber band.

@floathammerholdon | @partners_in_tri
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I had the plastic one and lost 3 bottles.

I can confirm the carbon cage is infinitely more secure. Haven't lost a single bottle since.
Quote Reply
Re: Elite aero bottle. how to stop it falling out? [Jwb_LDN] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Jwb_LDN wrote:

I can confirm the carbon cage is infinitely more secure. Haven't lost a single bottle since.
FYI, the newest version of the carbon cage is carbon-reinforced plastic, not "proper" carbon like the old, shiny carbon cage. And the new one does not seem to work nearly as well as the old "proper" carbon version.
Quote Reply
Re: Elite aero bottle. how to stop it falling out? [MTM] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
MTM wrote:
Jwb_LDN wrote:

FYI, the newest version of the carbon cage is carbon-reinforced plastic, not "proper" carbon like the old, shiny carbon cage. And the new one does not seem to work nearly as well as the old "proper" carbon version.

Good knowledge. I'll make sure to keep mine if i sell my bike!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I bought the one on Amazon that says fiberglass cage and have not had any problems with the bottle falling out even over bumps. You just need to make sure it is fully inflated before you put it back in. "Elite Srl CRONO CX KIT '21 Fiberglass cage and aero Bottle 500 ml, Black" is the name on Amazon.

The only issue I have is that the bottle is leaky but it is not terrible.
Quote Reply
Re: Elite aero bottle. how to stop it falling out? [Passmore007] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I've launched that bottle a few times. Definitely not great over bumps

Adding velcro adhesive to the bottle and cage made it significantly more secure for me
Quote Reply