Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Elevate for Strava and zone setting
Quote | Reply
I have been trying to figure out my zoning for power and HR lately. I want to start doing some more analysis of my efforts and runs/rides, but am not sure I am ready to plunk down the cash for the paid TP yet. So I got Elevate for Strava as my entry into the nerdery.

I have set my Strava zones (did not use the default) using the free TP guides, but when I try to dig deeper with Elevate, they have their own zone set-ups. I can edit them, but only to a point. I reached a point where it will not let me set my zone to where I want. Anyone else run into this issue? How did you fix it?

Thanks!
Quote Reply
Re: Elevate for Strava and zone setting [lightning33] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I use elevate (as well as intervals.icu), but don't really use the zone settings outside of letting them autofill based on max HR and FTP that I maintain.

Regarding zone, I'm not sure I understand the issue fully. When I look into it, it seems pretty straight forward to set the # of zones you want and the ranges for each zone. The only issue being you can only have 1 HR zone set up that's used across all sports.
Quote Reply
Re: Elevate for Strava and zone setting [mgreer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
So I used TP to get my zones. For me and my FTP (Zwift ramp test), this is what TP recommended (Coggan method):

Zone 1: 1-144
Zone 2: 145-195
Zone 3: 196-234
Zone 4: 235-273
Zone 5: 274-311
Zone 6: 312+

I see that I cannot make custom zones for power in Strava, but if you click on "display elevate extended stats" and then the gear for power, so can edit your zones. It defaults to something like 9 zones, so if I delete 3 I get my 6 zones. BUT, I cannot change them to match the TP zones. Z1 is fine, but Z2 will only allow me to change it up to 180W and not the 195W I am trying for. Same for other zones.

Thoughts?

I could use their default zones, but I don't know where they get 9 zones from and they all happen to be in 30W increments, so it seems to not be based on anything other than ease and round numbers.
Quote Reply
Re: Elevate for Strava and zone setting [lightning33] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I played around with it some. I think you may need to fill them in backward from the highest power zone. It has some problems where it limits the upper band each zone to the upper bound in the next zone. i.e. if Z2 is set to 140-200, it won't let you edit Z1 above 200. Change Z2 first and then you can change Z1
Quote Reply
Re: Elevate for Strava and zone setting [mgreer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That worked. I had to work it backwards as suggested. Thanks.
Quote Reply