Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Elemnt Bolt power question
Quote | Reply
Recently got an Elemnt Bolt and it paired easily to my P1 pedals. However, the actual power numbers displayed are obviously not watts generated. I’m getting numbers in the 10-20 range. I chcecked to make sure the data fields are supposed to be watts (vs percentages or zones). Any Bolt users out there that can help?
Quote Reply
Re: Elemnt Bolt power question [Patrick E] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Did you do a zero offset on the pedals?

On the regular Elemnt (i don't have a bolt) you tap the button on the left side, scroll down to power (there should be bars next to the word power to show signal strength...if not, turn the pedals a few times to make sure they are on) and tap the button on the bottom left to calibrate.

i also don't have P1 pedals, so i don't know if they are supposed to be in a specific position when you calibrate. Usually with cranks you want the PM to be at 6:00. I'm guessing it doesn't matter with pedals.
Quote Reply
Re: Elemnt Bolt power question [rob_bell] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
rob_bell wrote:
Did you do a zero offset on the pedals?

On the regular Elemnt (i don't have a bolt) you tap the button on the left side, scroll down to power (there should be bars next to the word power to show signal strength...if not, turn the pedals a few times to make sure they are on) and tap the button on the bottom left to calibrate.

i also don't have P1 pedals, so i don't know if they are supposed to be in a specific position when you calibrate. Usually with cranks you want the PM to be at 6:00. I'm guessing it doesn't matter with pedals.

Yep, did the offset. Very frustrating. Borderline useless if it’s not showing me real power numbers. Maybe going back to bike shop.
Quote Reply
Re: Elemnt Bolt power question [Patrick E] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Wasn't this related to a screw up Wahoo managed to push out with one of their firmware updates? People with SRM powermeters encountered similar issue here: https://forum.slowtwitch.com/...ing%20issue#p6915757

They appeared to fix the problem with the latest update, so try updating your firmware to the latest to see if it helps.
Quote Reply