Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Electrolyte caps recommendations????
Quote | Reply
So, what are the best electrolyte caps? The only ones I've found in NZ are Pro 4 E caps (which I am about to try), but there may be others I can source on the net. What do people use and recommend?
Perhaps there are some other sources here I haven't found? (fulla/tridork/NZMarkJ/chilipepper - feel free to correct me).

kiwipat

per ardua ad astra
Quote Reply
Re: Electrolyte caps recommendations???? [kiwipat] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
come on folks...throw me a freakin' bone here!

kiwipat

per ardua ad astra
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hey Kiwipat,

Sorry to leave you hangin like that...............

Hmmmmmmm, Mate i've tried just about everything out there in the NZ market, apart from pro4.

This is what i've settled on: Horleys Replace Energy & Electrolyte Drink - i reckon its the best tasting drink out there and is very well priced.
Carboshotz Gels - cola flavoured.
PowerBar any flavour.

Not sure where you live, but i buy all my supplements from the supermarket, as they are quite a bit cheaper.

You could try leppin as well?? I try to keep it simple and don't want to be carrying heaps of stuff, can't imagine trying to pop pills and stuff while running & riding.

Hope this helps.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Endurolytes (E-caps) made by Hammer Inc. The makers of hammer gel.

Endurolytes rock...saved me many times in training and also helped get rid of major quad cramps during half-iron.

http://www.mountainmettle.com
Quote Reply
Re: Electrolyte caps recommendations???? [chilipepper] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You're talking about the Vic Park New World, I suppose? Big supplements section there. Yeah, tried the Replace, quite like it. Use Power Bars and like them too.
But given my sweat rates and salt loss, I think I need something with more kick, and less fluid. Velo has some of the pro 4 caps, so I may try them although there might be something better available online....Need something before Taupo.

kiwipat

per ardua ad astra
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Just my $0.02 Kiwipat.

Taupo ride i presume? - very unlikely that you will need to supplement electrolytes over and above what you get from "Replace"

Assuming you will get round in under 5hours? and assuming temps will not exceed 25-28deg C - keep the fluids goin all day and make your drink mix just a wee bit stronger than usual.

I salt load a few days out by adding a little salt to my morning porridge and have packet soups everyday 3days out.

However, if you sweat hardcore? will be interested to hear how the caps go.

Looking forward to Taupo - sounds like large numbers for this years ride.
Wots on your plate for after Taupo??
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Taupo half actually. Will take me 5.30 at least. I had serious issues doing the same distance in the heat at Tauranga - bloating, nausea, wicked cramps, big salt stains all over. I'm a big unit and I sweat a lot. So I am looking to some non fluid solutions as I was basically drowning in replace/water/coke/gels - mildy hyponatreamic, I think. Taupo is a practice day, Tauranga is the big show. Then Karapiro in March and around the halves a whole bunch of sprints, the odd oly...can't wait, actually!

kiwipat

per ardua ad astra
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Succeed at http://ultrafit-endurance.com/...fit/succeedcaps.html.

Regards,

Bob W.

Bob Williams
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ahhhhh Yes!! as they say "assumption is the mutha of all f-ckups"

My most sincere and profuse apologies!

Taupo half will be a different world of pain, and will be a good demo before the hot / humid conditions of Tauranga Half. I understand your quest.

Good luck with the caps and will see you on the road out to reporoa??
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Not at all mate...glad for any and all advice.

Yeah, I'm thinking that Taupo might be hot. Of course, if it pissed it down from Dec 17 to Jan 8 and was cold and miserable the whole time, I would totally come into my element!

Not likely, though. Tauranga is always hotter n' Texas asphalt, as they say.

Yep, Reporoa here we come. Look for the guy who looks a bit like a prop riding a Dual...and sweating/cursing/going slow.

kiwipat

per ardua ad astra
Quote Reply