Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: BOO-YAH!!! [Francois] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

so really everything is included but flying to EP.

Does this include a trip to Ciudad Juarez?? ;-)

Sounds like a great camp and a good price for what's included. Wish I could partake. I spent two weeks in El Paso at Ft. Bliss (it was anything but blissful). Would like to go back and have a positive experience there.

Dan Hollingsworth

Nobody grows old by merely living a number of years. People grow old only by deserting their ideals. Years may wrinkle the skin, but to give up interest wrinkles the soul." - Douglas MacArthur
Quote Reply
Re: BOO-YAH!!! [Zulu] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Shaun, we ARE putting the camp together... it'«s just that Francois is a friend, not a business partner...

-
"Yeah, no one likes a smartass, but we all like stars" - Thom Yorke

smartasscoach.tri-oeiras.com
Quote Reply
Re: BOO-YAH!!! [smartasscoach] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
cool...
Quote Reply
Re: BOO-YAH!!! [Lieutenant_Dan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
We could do better...lot of my students are juarez locals...they know the good places to eat REAL mexican food. The only issue though is that there is a whole bunch of non US citizens attending the camp and I'd rather avoid crossing the border if not absolutely necessary.

On the other hand, a friend of mine has a winery in the New Mexico Valley. About 4mi from where I live and I am sure we could organize a wine degustation at the end of the camp...besides, he used to be a triathlete...

and Ft Bliss is plain ugly...was told by many it's the ugliest post ever! but the upper valley of EP is really nice
Quote Reply
Re: BOO-YAH!!! [Zulu] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
sorry for the confusion...we are friends indeed and like to give each others crap :-)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
[reply]And I don't deserve a star??? My suggestion for the opening page was a HUGE star with my pic on... but it was turned down by both Francois and the webmaster... I don't get it!!! ;-)

[url "http://pginc.planetaclix.pt/"]http://pginc.planetaclix.pt/[/url][/reply]

But you DO have a star... on the "coach" page. Brian is entirely missing from the website.

<If you're gonna be dumb, you gotta be tough>
Get Fitter!
Proud member of the Smartasscrew, MONSTER CLUB
Get your FIX today?
Quote Reply
Re: BOO-YAH!!! [Khai] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Brian will be on the site as soon as we know if he is available...right now, he may just come for the weekends. As I said the website is still 'work in progress'
Quote Reply
Re: BOO-YAH!!! [Francois] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Also, re. booking
20% is due end of june to confirm
rest is due one week before camp starts.
Quote Reply
Re: El paso Training Camp - Announcement [sedi] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
tell them your work is not that interesting anymore...that'll do.
Quote Reply
Re: El paso Training Camp - Announcement [Francois] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi, all there. Who ever intends to come to our El Paso Training camp: I have been in the area and training with Francois about 8times for a couple of weeks now - barely go somewhere else for race preps. Might be hard with the altitude for some days but very effective, though. What I like most here, is that El Paso is a very convenient place for training, so basically you go out of your place on the bike or with the running shoes and start to train with minor or almost no traffic around... different from some other spots I visited.Weather is always good, we had about 5min of rain for the last 2months I stayed here. We will try to set up a good schedule for everyone to improve fitness and also create some relaxed atmosphere and "group spirit" - so having fun is one of the major purposes, too! As I am not sure yet about my later season race schedule I might be coaching a little more than training for the first week - so who ever wants to kick a fast pro's butt in training (I might be a little tired) - come and do so...
Quote Reply
Re: El paso Training Camp - Announcement [Olaf] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hah! I'm pretty sure the only way I'll be kicking your butt is when you're standing in line, trying to decide which flavour of ice cream you want. ;)

Get Fitter!
Get your FIX today?
Quote Reply
Re: El paso Training Camp - Announcement [Khai] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
so you will be joing me in El Paso then?? Francois tells me their is a Dairy Queen a block away....
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
El Paso is not a very good place for a camp. At that time of year it is VERY HOT, what were you thinking (not very smart)? Truckee, California is a much better location and is easily and cheaply accessible, 30 miles from the Reno Nevada airport.

Good luck, you may get a little dehydrated. Dehydration impairs performance and quality (peak) training at maximum (peaking) levels.

Also heat is an additional stresser. In that kind of VERY HOT environment heat can also lead to a whole host of injuries too. Hope you guys don't get injured right before your big race.
Last edited by: tailwind111: May 19, 05 10:12
Quote Reply
Re: El paso Training Camp - Announcement [Zulu] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Dude, look up - I was the first to respond. Hell yeah, I'll be there! (Only for the first 1/2 of the first week though... got a damned wedding to attend)

Get Fitter!
Get your FIX today?
Quote Reply
Re: El paso Training Camp - Announcement [tailwind111] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
And Hawaii is raced in what kind of conditions exactly?
Besides, El Paso is not very hot. It's warm. Max of 90F in september, cools down a lot during the evening which means, nice evenings, where you sleep well.

I guess training in these conditions has been ok for Olaf...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Oh shit Francois, you never told me this... El Paso is hot? WTF??? You even told me to bring my snowboard!!! What gives...

-

Quote Reply
Re: El paso Training Camp - Announcement [smartasscoach] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
AVG El Paso Sept
low: 16c - high: 32c

AVG Kona Oct
low: 22c - high: 30c
Quote Reply
Re: El paso Training Camp - Announcement [tailwind111] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What was I thinking? hmmm...let's see....
well, I live in El Paso, know the area really well, and so far, I have never seen a place where training is so convenient, and that includes, south of France, Gold Coast in Australia, SoCal, AZ...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Come on down to South florida where its hotter and humid. Ill take El Paso anyday.

Plus El Paso is 4000 foot elevation,

spanish hotties

good mexican food

inexpensive

and spanish hotties with big booties

I have horrible back problems but I have zero problems staying in an aero position for 180k. Why? Because I ride steep and because I train regularly in that position. Simple as that.....Gerard
Last edited by: Heavy D: May 19, 05 11:38
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ok so the site has been update and it's ready to rock... pay us a visit ;)

http://twitter.com/krepster || http://www.pedro-gomes.com || follow all the action on facebook
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
...plus altitude!! Sounds like good training for heat in Hawaii or Florida - now wait a minute who did you say the camp was geared for again. If others don't like it they don't come - like I said - I'm in!!! I see Olaf stopped his habbit of lurking earlier today..
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yo Dudes -

2 camps - damn - how many meals do i have to cook!

ha!! i might pull a desert dude and fly in for the weekends - cook it up and they fly home to go to work! i mean my season is pretty much over at that point - since i'll have DOMINATED IM wisconsin and will be in full recovery / beer mode.

The only complaint i have is that there was NO BEER at the last camp...

i'll keep you posted!
Quote Reply
Re: BOO-YAH!!! [cidewar] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You bring the beer, ill bring the cigars, hehehehehehehe

I have horrible back problems but I have zero problems staying in an aero position for 180k. Why? Because I ride steep and because I train regularly in that position. Simple as that.....Gerard
Quote Reply
Re: El paso Training Camp - Announcement [smartasscoach] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"You even told me to bring my snowboard!!! What gives..."

Snowboard, I thought that was what you use for your kicking sets!

Brian Stover USAT LII
Accelerate3 Coaching
Insta

Quote Reply
Re: El paso Training Camp - Announcement [desert dude] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Can you find a better set to pad your mileage than kicking with fins and a kickbored? ;-)

-

Quote Reply

Prev Next