Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Edmonton Accommodation Help
Quote | Reply
Hey- I am looking for a place to stay in Edmonton on the cheap- if you have any recommendations, or want to do a room share, let me know. I am a high school teacher who is getting in Friday night and leaving Monday after the Olympic distance race. Quiet, clean, loves couches and cots.

http://www.savagesentiments.blogspot.com/
http://www.tricoachmartin.com/
https://www.facebook.com/teameverymanjack
Quote Reply
Re: Edmonton Accommodation Help [beachedbeluga] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I live close to Edmonton these days, so I'm afraid I really have minimal first hand recommendations for a hotel...but I do know one to avoid: the Chateau Lacombe, which is downtown just off of Jasper Ave. It is a complete dump and has had recent bed bug problems. My airline uses that s**thole for the downtown layovers, and unfavourable reports come flooding in from the crews about that place all the time. Before we moved back west over a decade ago, the airline used to stay at the Coast Plaza on 105th St. Not exactly 5 star, maybe 3 star at best and at least reasonably comfortable, but it was across the street from a Rave club, so at ~3am, the crystal meth would be hitting on all cylinders with the people just coming out of the place. Not ideal for those of us with a 5am pick-up to operate a flight at 6:30 though. I think the Rave club's still there.

My wife and I had a dirty weekend at the Fairmont MacDonald Hotel last fall for our anniversary, and not only was it was luxurious, it was actually quite entertaining when we discovered we could hear the couple humping the next room over as if the wall was perhaps the thickness of a shower curtain! It was exhausting listening to them though.. You think we, as triathletes have endurance...good God... I was beginning to wonder if there were 10 guys in the room taking turns. Anyway, good thing we discovered that early on in the evening or the people in the room next to us would have been saying something along the lines of "That was quick!" about us.

Some buddies of mine have stayed on the south side at the Sandman Inn next to a Chris's Steak House and liked it. It's close to the South Common shopping area and the box stores down Calgary Trail, but there's not much else around. Sorry I can't be much more help than that!

Dave
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
not sure what your situation is, but some bed & breakfasts make 5 star hotels look like hovels.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I may have an extra bed in my hotel room if you are interested. You can PM if you are.

Twitter@Forsey37
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I am looking for a place to stay for myself and 4 kids coming for youth nationals this year. Looking for a basement suite or condo to rent, on a budget. Hoping those in the triathlon community in Edmontom may have some leads they can share. Ideally 2 bedrooms as I need to split up the girls & boys.

Any info is appreciated.
Thanks,
Laura
lauramedcalf at Yahoo.ca
Quote Reply