Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

E-Load Sports Drink
Quote | Reply
I have just become familiar with E-Load through a friend, although I have not tried it at this point. I did a search for this forum but did not find any real significant posts.

So- have any of you tried E-Load, and if you have, what are your opinions? I am a heavy sweater, and am always looking for better options to help me in hydrating and replenishing electrolytes, especially in my full and half ironman races/training. The E-Load website has some interesting points.

Thanks for your responses.
Quote Reply
Re: E-Load Sports Drink [WillisIII] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In have used it and i like it. However, for me, it has to do mostly with flavour. The Strawberry falvour has a really nice light taste that i can drink all day.

Quote | Reply
I use it and like it. There's not much that works well on a 3-hour long run on a hot muggy day, but this stuff does and is customizable. You can up the sodium if you know you'll be sweating more than usual.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Use it and like it. Can't really say how it compares to others as far as working, as I don't really keep note. I can say that I like the taste with no after effect. I also like that it mixes clear as I wear a predominately white jersey, thus no coloured spatters all over it.

Scott McNamee
Cranks Bicycle Shoppe
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I use it and love it. At IMWI I carried a concentrated bottle of eload with zone caps in the bike, and just added it to water. Same for the run, carried concentrated mixture in gel flask. Gatorade makes me puke when racing, I can drink it before/after.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've been using eLoad since 2001. Initially I started mixing up concentrated bottles that I'd use for the entire bike but last year I mixed them regular strength and then switched to whatever the race provided (HEED, Gatorade, Envervit, etc.) after those were done and that seemed to work just as well.
Quote Reply
Re: E-Load Sports Drink [gonzobob] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks to everyone for your input. I will find an online source (as I don't know of anywhere locally that sells it) and give it a try.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I really like e-load, but I think it 's always good to get used to whatever is going to be available at (longer) races too. Having said that, when the season rolls round again, out will come the e-load for the long bikes, and the little capsules as a supplement for IMC. Not cheap though.

"I'm going to stick to my sardines" - Cassidy
"Others took their lemons and stood up and walked." - Kestrelkerri
"I will never know quite why I set out on the run. I guess because it was next." - Nachocheese
"No, just to people on the Forum. My athletes are the control group." - Paulo Sousa
" Actually, I am naturally an Asshole....not unlike the way you are naturally an idiot." IRONLOBO
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I use it and love it too. I could drink the lemon flavour all day, though I've never tried the strawberry one; maybe I'll have to. If you're in Canada, Sports Nutrition Depot is the cheapest I've found:

http://www.sndcanada.com/...;go2.y=19&go2=go
Last edited by: Bed4d SL: Jan 23, 07 7:25
Quote Reply