Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Dynaplug longevity question
Quote | Reply
Dynaplug's website says it's a permanent repair but a car tire and a high pressure road bike tire are two different things.

Any experience leaving the plug in vs an interior patch/plug like the Lezyne Pro Plug.

Not a bad puncture and rear tire only has 6 rides on it.
Quote Reply
Re: Dynaplug longevity question [Riedinaustin] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I leave them in the tire (road and gravel). I never had any issues.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Leave them in. My record is 6.
Quote Reply
Re: Dynaplug longevity question [logella] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I too leave them. Thus far I’ve experienced zero issues for a road tire (85psi) and wore that tire through (think around 1800 miles on the plug). On my off-road (55psi); I have two plugs on the top side of the side wall (just below the thicker belt protection) and no issues with lower psi and taking gnarly corners in gravel where I initially hesitated thinking it may snag on the plug.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Riedinaustin wrote:
Dynaplug's website says it's a permanent repair but a car tire and a high pressure road bike tire are two different things.

Any experience leaving the plug in vs an interior patch/plug like the Lezyne Pro Plug.

Not a bad puncture and rear tire only has 6 rides on it.

I leave them in, the rubber plug-tail gradually wears down, but I do find that after a few rides I very often get another puncture in the same spot requiring another plug. Worst is that the metal tip is then loose inside the wheel, making a very annoying rattle, so I have to take a bit of the tyre off the rim to extract the loose metal tip.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thank you for the feedback!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
MTB use case here. Plugs often last longer than the tires. Sometimes they also self-generate slow leaks. Nothing a pre-ride pressure check doesn't solve. I leave them in and hope for the best.

Dr. Alex Harrison | Founder & CEO | Sport Physiology & Performance PhD
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
📱 Check out our app → Saturday: Pro Fuel & Hydration, a performance nutrition coach in your pocket.
Join us on YouTube → Saturday Morning | Ride & Run Faster and our growing Saturday User Hub
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I personally take them out at some point, patch the tire and that’s never failed me
Quote Reply