Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Duathlon Worlds (Long Course) qualifying standards.......
Quote | Reply
The US Long Course Championships are at Grand Prairie, Texas in April 2006. For age groupers how do you qualify at this race for Worlds?

Sorry if this has been already discussed.
Quote Reply
Re: Duathlon Worlds (Long Course) qualifying standards....... [beatnic_tx] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hey Paul,

It's on the USAT site. Scroll down to the bottom of this page...

http://www.usatriathlon.org/...mpion_qualifiers.htm
Quote Reply
Re: Duathlon Worlds (Long Course) qualifying standards....... [gonzobob] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks Bob, top six in the 50-54 age group sounds almost too easy but you never know.

I may do this race simply because it's so close to home.

Nice job of planning on USAT's part. Two "big" long course duathlons on the very same day. Hard to figure......
Quote Reply
Re: Duathlon Worlds (Long Course) qualifying standards....... [beatnic_tx] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
<< Nice job of planning on USAT's part. Two "big" long course duathlons on the very same day. Hard to figure......

just so that you know, USAT does not plan the race schedule, the race directors do.

Mike Plumb, TriPower MultiSports
Professional Running, Cycling and Multisport Coaching, F.I.S.T. Certified
http://www.tripower.org
Quote Reply
Re: Duathlon Worlds (Long Course) qualifying standards....... [Mike Plumb] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

"just so that you know, USAT does not plan the race schedule, the race directors do."

Yes that's true. But didn't they realize that there was already a major long course duathlon on April 23rd when they awarded the Grand Prairie race the USAT National Long Course championship?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
yes, Powerman wasn't interested in hosting Nationals, as well as the Grand Prairie race was slightly longer. Given the time frame of Worlds, there wasn't a lot of choices.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If one is qualified for the short course DU nationals, are you also qualified for the long course?
Quote Reply
Re: Duathlon Worlds (Long Course) qualifying standards....... [Kent KS DU] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
[reply]If one is qualified for the short course DU nationals, are you also qualified for the long course?[/reply]

You do not have to qualify to participate in the Du Nationals. The Worlds have separate qualifiers. Check out usatinfo.com for details
Quote Reply
Re: Duathlon Worlds (Long Course) qualifying standards....... [Du-Blue] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I may have not read carefully enough some time back or remember accurately, but I thought I read that one had to win an age group at a sanctioned event or place in the top 15% ? of age group or thereabouts to qualify for the DU nationals. I believe there were other qualifications as well but don't remember what all they were. I believe winning age group at a regional championship qualified for nationals, but that also qualifies you for Worlds.
Last edited by: Kent KS DU: Dec 19, 05 20:26
Quote Reply
Re: Duathlon Worlds (Long Course) qualifying standards....... [Kent KS DU] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
sounds like what you are quoting are the qualifying procedures for short course triathlon nationals. There are no qualfication standards for either duathlon nationals, short or long.

Quote Reply
Re: Duathlon Worlds (Long Course) qualifying standards....... [Mike Plumb] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I find it rather sad that there would be no qualifications to enter the Duathlon Nationals. This makes me want to learn to swim.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
"I find it rather sad that there would be no qualifications to enter the Duathlon Nationals. This makes me want to learn to swim."

Well you have to come up with the entry fee, maybe that's qualification enough for a duathlon national championship.

All joking aside, I hear what you're saying, it is sad.

At first I thought it would be nice to do this race mainly to see if I could possibly qualify for Worlds but then I read that the top SIX in each age group go to worlds, also there is a roll down to 14th place. Along with the fact that there's another highly competitive duathlon that same day it would appear to me that going to Worlds would not be much of an accomplishment, certainly nothing compared to qualifying for Worlds in Triathlon.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Come on, humor us. If you big studly Tri guys don't come out an support Du's we will never have a deep enough field to support qualifiers for Nationals. Race Powerman Alabama & SC Nationals in Mason, you might find a couple guys that will give you a race ;-) You can tell your buddies that you had to go out of town for the weekend on business, and spare yourself the ridicule and embarrassment of racing with us slackers :-)
Quote Reply
Re: Duathlon Worlds (Long Course) qualifying standards....... [Du-Blue] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Oh I know there are lots of very fast duathletes out there. My only real point is that for me qualifying for Worlds shouldn't be too tough. I'd like to think I could finish 6th in the 50-54 age group. I'm really just a du guy that can swim just well enough to keep from drowning.
Quote Reply