Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Dry Eye?
Quote | Reply
Anyone out there suffer from dry eye on long rides? I've worn a variety of sunglasses (Rudy, Briko, etc etc) but I still end most of my long rides with eyes that look like I've been sucking on a bong all day long (i.e. bloodshot and crusty). I even put lubricant eyedrops in before most of my rides and that doesn't make any difference. Help.
Quote Reply
Re: Dry Eye? [tripoet] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Glasses won't help. I had the drainage ducts in my eyes cauterized shut so that my eyes stay wet. They are tiny little ducts in the bottom of the corner of your eye (by the nose) that drain excess tears off of your eye. As we get older, we stop producing as much tears, and the drainage ducts overdo it.

Call an opthamologist. It's an easy procedure that takes a few minutes to do. I had it done 10 years ago, and all my burning eye problems have been gone ever since.
Quote Reply
Re: Dry Eye? [tripoet] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Glasses solve it for me - good fit/coverage. I wear Smith Toasters for running and love them, but I also look stoned after riding with them, but Smith Mainlines and my eyes feel great. Whatever fits your face and gives good coverage when you're in your aeros.
Quote Reply