Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Drum roll please...Peaceful Tribe CAF donation Final Tally
Quote | Reply
Congratulations Peaceful Tribe, your goal was achieved!

$10,326.99 USD is being donated to the CAF on behalf of the Peaceful Tribe.....amazing!

Thank you to everyone who bought the gear, your contribution is greatly appreciated.

Cheers,

Heather

Heather Travis
Cervelo Cycles Inc.
http://www.cervelo.com/apparel
Quote Reply
Re: Drum roll please...Peaceful Tribe CAF donation Final Tally [Heather] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
got my hat yesterday. Very nice.
Quote Reply
Re: Drum roll please...Peaceful Tribe CAF donation Final Tally [Big Duke Six] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Heather,

Thank you for everything that you did. The hat and shirt that I have are great. Thank you again.
Quote Reply
Re: Drum roll please...Peaceful Tribe CAF donation Final Tally [Heather] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Nice job Heather. I got my hat and shirt yesterday. In hindsight (it's always in retrospect, isn't it?), I wish I had bought more.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks to you and Stephen for all of your hard work.

I love my Peaceful Tribe Gear (wearing some now ;-) ).

CAF is a great organization and it's wonderful to see them get a donation from STers like this.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Wow, over 10G - nice. I like my stuff for sure :)

Re: Drum roll please...Peaceful Tribe CAF donation Final Tally [rroof] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
well done all - be proud !

Please keep us posted to the kids achievements
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
This is great! I liked my PT LCS so much I bought another (plain) Cervelo LCS singlet for training (PT's were all sold out).

Way to go everyone! Heather, Stephen, and the Peaceful Tribe

Rick
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Wow, that is soooo awesome. I'm sure they'll find great ways to use that money.

berndog
How did we all get sucked into this crazy sport anyway?!!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Absolutely wonderful. I just got my hat two days ago; damn it's nice!

Thanks Heather!

-Colin

------------------------------------------------------------
Any run that doesn't include pooping in someone's front yard is a win.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
what's your next project?

:)

--------------------------------------------------------------------
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Wow. That is fantastic. You guys and everyone did a wonderful job with this. So well done. Awesome!

Add this to the long list of reasons why you guys are a joy to work with.

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Heather, I go my shirt (singlet) in plenty of time for this weekends Chicago Triathlon!

They look great!

However, I ordered the small when medium was no longer available, and the small proves to be way too small. I can not use it.

Is there someplace I can send the singlet so it can be used by those who the charitable funds are helping? Much like the option that was available to purchase a hat and have it be sent to the charity?

beyourownsuperhero
Quote Reply
Re: Drum roll please...Peaceful Tribe CAF donation Final Tally [igobackwards] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If you wanted to send it to the CAF, check out their website www.challengedathletes.org for ship to information.

cheers,

H

Heather Travis
Cervelo Cycles Inc.
http://www.cervelo.com/apparel
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thank you Heather......Great Job!!!

David
* Ironman for Life! (Blog) * IM Everyday Hero Video * Daggett Shuler Law *
Disclaimer: I have personal and professional relationships with many athletes, vendors, and organizations in the triathlon world.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hello to all. We had posted the following on a different thread a couple of days ago, but wanted to make sure everyone saw it. As you can see, your generosity is making a difference in the lives of these kids.

Thank you again,

The CAF Team

To the Slowtwitch Peaceful Tribe:

The Challenged Athletes Foundation (CAF) wishes to express its profound gratitude for all your efforts to help Zoey, Sam, Dylan, Ethan and Jonah. We are overwhelmed by the generous spirit of all the members of this forum who purchased PT apparel, and by the goodwill that this effort has engendered. Thanks to all of you, and to Stephen Perera, Cervelo and everyone else who has contributed to the effort.

As the final pieces of clothing are finding their way to Tribe members, we thought you'd appreciate an update on how the money raised is being used.

Thanks to the efforts of the Peaceful Tribe:

Zoey
who lost her left leg an accident has been provided a new junior handcycle. Now she rides with her friends!

Sam
, who contracted a flesh-eating disease that caused him to lose his right leg below the knee, was provided with funds for ski training and advanced lessons. He was the first place Junior Racer at the National Ability Challenge!

Dylan, who was diagnosed with Undifferentiated Sarcoma in his right leg at just 10 months of age, and subsequently had the leg amputated, was provided with funds so he could participate in the JV National Basketball Championships in Alabama.

Ethan, who was born with short arms and a leg that eventually was amputated, is happily swimming laps again, thanks to the funds provided towards the cost of a new prosthetic swim leg.

Jonah, the seven-year-old bi-lateral amputee skier, received funds to cover his expenses at the Disabled Sports USA Regional Ski Competition in Colorado.

Thank you all for helping make a difference in the lives of these great kids. And thank you for your continued support of CAF.

Your friends at CAF
Quote Reply
Re: Drum roll please...Peaceful Tribe CAF donation Final Tally [Tom Demerly] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hey Tom,
Any customers tell you they passed some guy on Hines waring a shirt with your name on the back yet. Lots of Roadies have passed me out there when I have had my PT shirt on.

Just Triing
Triathlete since 9:56:39 AM EST Aug 20, 2006.
Be kind English is my 2nd language. My primary language is Dave it's a unique evolution of English.
Quote Reply
Re: Drum roll please...Peaceful Tribe CAF donation Final Tally [DavHamm] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
......fantastic fantastic fantastic fantastic fantastic fantastic fantastic fantastic fantastic fantastic fantastic fantastic fantastic

Stephen Perera
Gibraltar, Europe
graphics@gibraltar.gi
Quote Reply