Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Drills vs. PC's [JustCurious] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Frank, I have not heard this one yet. It must be good.

Dave

Dave Campbell | Facebook | @DaveECampbell | h2ofun@h2ofun.net

Boom Nutrition code 19F4Y3 $5 off 24 pack box | Bionic Runner | PowerCranks | Velotron | Spruzzamist

Lions don't lose sleep worrying about the sheep
Quote Reply
Re: Drills vs. PC's [susanherself] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Until Susan posts a pic, her PC's are fiction and for all we know, she is a man. At least post a pic wearing your man bra :-)
Quote Reply
Re: Drills vs. PC's [JustCurious] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
[reply][reply]
I don't know although I have some thoughts, at least as regards one or two of them. [/reply]
Please Frank, not the stupid conspiracy theory again...[/reply]

I don't remember a stupid conspiracy theory, other than the JFK one, and it is debatable if it is stupid. The fact that several PC naysayers are acting stupidly is not evidence they are conspiring. If they were one would have to think that when they get together the average IQ in the room goes down.

--------------
Frank,
An original Ironman and the Inventor of PowerCranks
Quote Reply
Re: Drills vs. PC's [Rappstar] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Oh, Rappstar!! You put the little man here, too!!

(See my post on the other PC thread--now there are two places for me to laugh at that little man!)

Susan
Last edited by: susanherself: Nov 5, 05 18:50
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Susan, still waiting for your picture for Dev.

Dave

Boom Nutrition code 19F4Y3 $5 off 24 pack box | Bionic Runner | PowerCranks | Velotron | Spruzzamist

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yeah...that man is just awesome...but we're still waiting for a pic of you riding your PC's at 60 kph in the aero position uphill, into a headwind with Natasha Badmann trying pathetically to hold your draft:-)
Quote Reply
Re: Drills vs. PC's [devashish paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Oh, Dev. The bar you set for my PCs picture is very high. I think probably the best I could do is Kate Major trying pathetically to hold my draft. :)

Susan
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Dev, I think we could live with that. Ok Susan, waiting for this picture.

Dave

Quote Reply
Re: Drills vs. PC's [h2ofun] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Dave, I don't perform well under pressure.

Susan

P.S. I know you don't realize that I am technologically impaired. I don't even know how to work the TV other than to make it play a Spinervals DVD. I have an antique cell phone because I feel overwhelmed at the prospect of figuring out a new one. And you think I'm gonna be able to post a picture on ST???

P.P.S. I am giving my #2 son a digital camera for Xmas. Maybe I can post a picture in January.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
We'll even take a pic of Michelle Jones, pulling away from Susan riding her PC's, with Kate Major being spit out the back. If not, someone bring up the Rappster-Keyboard-dude again as this thread is getting super lame...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I know you can do it, my wife tries this excuse with me all the time. :o)

Dave

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Dev, I think this would be a good time to talk about a PC trip. My brother will be living in Barcelona beginning sometime next year. We could all go ride the Vuelta route on PCs--you, cdw, h2ofun, Titan, and whoever else wants to come. Frank, too. And wives/GFs, if applicable. Whaddaya think?

Susan
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm using up all my "tri trip" passes next May (2006) to ride for a week in Bourg d'Oisans France for my "Alpes Irontour":

http://www.irontri.triathletesonline.com/?cp=97

In spring 2007, I'm likely going with my 69 year old dad for a 20 day trek to the basecamp of Kanchejunga in the Himalayas. We were supposed to go this year, but I just changed jobs so we're deferring it for a year, when I'll have more vacation "banked" (I hope).

Any vacation I have left from these trips, I need to burn up with my wife and son likely visiting the in-laws.

So there will be no PC crew trip, unless of course, some of you join my "Irontour"...CDW (Chad) already is and is threatening to set the Alpe d'Huez ITT world record on PC's.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Chad told me about the Irontour--way too hardcore for me, though. I'd get dropped in the first half-mile of even the easiest mountain ride.

You guys will post pics so I can enjoy the trip vicariously, right? :)

Susan
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
So for folks using PC's this off season, do you still do one legged drills, or is doing the 2 at once with the PC's good enough?

I was really looking forward to having 2 months on PC's before my Marathon tomorrow. Would have been another interesting data point for me. Oh well, I am hoping PC's get their parts in soon, I want to get back on them. They at a minimum make indoor riding less boring.

Dev, I was considering getting titanium 200mm lockable crank arms on my new Yaqui Tri bike. This way I could train with PC's, and them lock them for races, group rides, my HIM races, etc. Do you think this meets your comment about balance?

Dave

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
[reply]Chad told me about the Irontour--way too hardcore for me, though. I'd get dropped in the first half-mile of even the easiest mountain ride.

You guys will post pics so I can enjoy the trip vicariously, right? :)

Susan[/reply]

Hey Susan, since the thread has been resurrected, where is that pic of Angelina Jolie you promised? Or, one of yourself (even one clothed showing just a little skin around that bum shoulder) would do.

--------------
Frank,
An original Ironman and the Inventor of PowerCranks
Quote Reply
Re: Drills vs. PC's [Frank Day] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Since I did not read this entire thread, what other promises are within these pages?

Dave

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Frank, what does this mean?

"So that begs the question, what type of CP60/FT does a typical new user have? 2.5w/kg? 3w/kg? More? Less?"

Man, I just want to stay in shape, have fun, stay healthy. Now, do all these crazy attacks come from younger folks that have not yet hit the brick wall of getting older? When you get to be above 40, I am first just lucky I am alive since a number of my friends are not. Second, I see so few people my age or older at races that again, I am thankful I am as healthy as I am. I know it can stop at any second so I sure am open minded to new ideas.

One can go back in history and find everyone knew the earth was flat. Knew it was impossible to fly. Knew it was impossible to go to the moon. Etc. etc. These folks that have NEVER NEVER tried PC's, since they know for a fact they can not work, must be related to these attitudes of impossibility so many have over human time. Sure glad there have always been a few saying things may be different that we have all the neat stuff we have today.

Dave

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Since all the snow melted, I have to resort to some indoor biking to get my long workouts in. Last week I got 6 hours in on snow for myself and 2 hours coaching kids. Total distance was up around 90K.

This weekend,

Sat Power/Strength oriented day: 100 min run with 10x3 min aerobic hill repeats + 50 min TACX trainer (power interval sets -spin-crank-stand), 20 min step ups, calf raises and leg extensions.

Sun skill oriented day: 40 min roller ride with PC's at 90-110 RPM with some 120 RPM sprints, followed by easy 90 min ski on the roller skis, working on balance, weight transfer and timing/connected motions.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote:
where is that pic of Angelina Jolie you promised?

I am too busy to learn to post pics--laughing *again* at that little man Rappstar posted.

Susan
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Nothing to learn, we can do it for ya

dave

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks to Chad letting my borrow a set of PC's he has, looks like I may be back in business. So, I installed them on my trainer bike that I have on my computrainer. Going to see if I can add maybe 30 minutes twice a week into my schedule. Shall be interesting to see what happens with some PC's for training, and my RC's for racing.

Just thought a few would like to know I will hopefully be having some observations to add down the road. :)

Dave

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Well, tried my PC's before my 12 mile run today. Now, I had not had any for the last 6 months. When I started back then, I could not do more than a few minutes at a time. So, was expecting the same. To my surprise, I was able to do 30 minutes. (Which is about all I can stand on my indoor trainer.) I know when I have been riding my bike, I still had the pedal memory. So, have others found the same thing that even with a long layoff from PC's that once one seems to have the pedal cycle down, that it stays? Dev, any thoughts since you have used PC's the most.

Dave

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Paul, you wanted to get the IMC off the top, so I thought I could help ya. :o)

Dave

Quote Reply
Re: Drills vs. PC's [Titan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
trust me when I say....t-t-n was the antithesis of old school cynical ride till ya puke and tri bikes are urban legends....his arguments against most new technology (including bike position) FAR supersedes most of the generic rhetoric seen around these parts.

...and yet...he was at least willing to take Frank up on his offer. Try them. If you like them, then you will pay for them, if not, return them.

I wonder how many pairs of PC's Frank has sold over the past 5 years because of t-t-n's sole conversion to the dark side ;-) (probably enough that t-t-n should get some referral fees...lol).

Oh, and frankly, this entire "scientific data" reliance really becomes boring after awhile. If you truly rely on it, perhaps we should get all the engineers to post about how something that should work, according to scientifically proven theory, does not. (or vice versa). If you are skeptical...that's cool...but to not take up an offer to try them, and see if they work for you....well...that's just lazy. At least those who tried them, who may not have been able to utilize them as directed, or for some weird reason they didn't even seem difficult (the fact t-t-n went out for a self prescribed century ride a couple days after having them says something to me about where he was "technically" before he got PC's as well), have earned respect by taking up the challenge.

The problem with an argument of "x" drill will do the same thing is not that it won't physiologically, but that it won't in the same time. I'd bet there is even some exponential correlation between the time it takes to advance doing one legged drills alternating x amount of time, vs. doing one legged drills (all the time, both legs).

The amount of time put into this debate could probably be served....well....ordering a pair, trying them, and then either writing your own conclusion whether or not you feel their "value" is myth or reality (which may, in itself, be completely subjective).

Craig Preston - President / Preston Presentations
Saving the world with more professional, powerful, and persuasive presentations - one audience at a time.
Quote Reply

Prev Next