Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Drills vs. PC's [perfection] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Now why did you have to post on this thread again? Don't you know Frank Day needs to have the last say in every PC thread? ;-)

-
"Yeah, no one likes a smartass, but we all like stars" - Thom Yorke

smartasscoach.tri-oeiras.com
Quote Reply
Post deleted by Sojourner [ In reply to ]
Re: Drills vs. PC's [JoeMWiley] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
sshh! Joe, slowly and quietly back away....ever heard "let sleeping dogs lie"? Waking this dog won't be good for anybody....

Quid quid latine dictum sit altum videtur
(That which is said in Latin sounds profound)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Read again, Captain Pub was right.

-
"Yeah, no one likes a smartass, but we all like stars" - Thom Yorke

smartasscoach.tri-oeiras.com
Quote Reply
Re: Drills vs. PC's [smartasscoach] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Bang, Bang, Bang!!!!

Is the thread dead yet ;)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Since you are looking for the abridged version of this thread or, at least, the answer to your one question AND it looks like you may have stirred a sleeping giant anyhow, I will answer your question.

I believe the answer regarding the Oracle etc. is NO, other than a short trial ride at someones house. TTN still posts, but only rarely now. not sure why.

This thread holds the slowtwitch record by a large margin. These additional posts are sort of like the Olympic officials saying they made a mistake and adding a few inches to Beamons long jump back in the 60's. It may be 20 years (or longer now) before the record is broken.

--------------
Frank,
An original Ironman and the Inventor of PowerCranks
Quote Reply
Re: Drills vs. PC's [jaretj] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
...please kill this thread or do us a favour and bring back the hottie thread !
Quote Reply
Post deleted by The Committee [ In reply to ]
Re: Drills vs. PC's [Captain Pubmed] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Seems to me the oracle reported here that he had ridden them once. This posting was contemporaneous with a customer telling me that he got the esteemed AC on them at his house, which I thought confirmed everyone's thoughts as to who the oracle (and all those other aliases) is, but it was denied by same (to little effect I might add).

That is how I "know".

--------------
Frank,
Quote Reply
Re: Drills vs. PC's [Frank Day] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Man, I had no idea I stepped into a Bear Trap. :o)

Dave

Dave Campbell | Facebook | @DaveECampbell | h2ofun@h2ofun.net

Boom Nutrition code 19F4Y3 $5 off 24 pack box | Bionic Runner | PowerCranks | Velotron | Spruzzamist

Lions don't lose sleep worrying about the sheep
Quote Reply
Re: Drills vs. PC's [h2ofun] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Dude, not only did you get everyone fired up with your PC thread earlier this week, but now you've got to go and poke the bear again by resuscitating a year-old thread? What's up dude? Are you crazy or something?
Quote Reply
Re: Drills vs. PC's [jkatsoudas] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Guess I just do not understand why this is such a hot topic. I must be pretty dumb. I really do and did not.

Maybe we need to start a thread on who has the best hottie? :O)

Dave

Boom Nutrition code 19F4Y3 $5 off 24 pack box | Bionic Runner | PowerCranks | Velotron | Spruzzamist

Quote Reply
Re: Drills vs. PC's [T2] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Now I am only starting week 4 using PCs but to address the comments since I have in the past done all 4.
- Single Leg drills on your trainer: Most all of us have a trainer. Single legged drill are a pain in the butt. I for one would do them, but would get crazy bored after an hour. Using PCs I definately can tell I am getting a better workout from just doing one legged drills off my trainer.

- Riding in the hills/mountains to improve peddal efficiency: Any issues with your pedal stroke will be apparent when pushing uphill. Some of us offseason folks do not have this option of riding hills during the winter months which are key to base development. I have had my share of parking garages during Dec. Will still it, but not as often.

- Cycle or spin class riding out of the saddle only: Try it for an hour long ride or class you will see I was able to stand up for the first time on my PCs yesterday, talk about creating efficiency. If you can do this your pretty damn efficient. Now I am not saying I am an incredibly efficient cyclist. I was up on my cranks for about 2 minutes during a small little climb, but eventually I will work my way up. Also in my opinion Spin bikes teach bad skills. 1) It's not your bike and you are not going to be able to replicate the positioning 2) Crank length usually isn't adjustable. I think they just lend to bad form. (IMHO). I have used them in the past to build legs strength on the down stroke, will continue to do so, but I don't think you can compare the two workout to the benefits of PCs. It would be like comparing it to squats.
- Volume, volume and more volume I agree with you here, but time is money and time away from Family. I haven't given up my long ride just yet, but all my other rides right now are on PCs.
Quote Reply
Re: Drills vs. PC's [jkatsoudas] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
[reply]Dude, not only did you get everyone fired up with your PC thread earlier this week, but now you've got to go and poke the bear again by resuscitating a year-old thread? What's up dude? Are you crazy or something?[/reply]

I apologize folks. In his disbelief as to how his simple question thread went I pointed him to this thread in a PM to show him how much better things are now in the PC thread department than before.

But, now that we're here, this thread used to be number one but has been supplanted. Come on folks, a few more of you pitching in here can get this thread back to where it deserves to be, on the top of the heap!!!

--------------
Frank,
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I am trying. :o)

Dave

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Frank, can you get a picture of a hottie using the PC's? Then folks could guess what PC's she is working and when the PC's are really good for. :o)

Dave

Quote Reply
Re: Drills vs. PC's [h2ofun] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
[reply]Frank, can you get a picture of a hottie using the PC's? Then folks could guess what PC's she is working and when the PC's are really good for. :o)

Dave[/reply]

Once, at an expo, one of the hotties (Heather) working the Champion Nutrition booth (they usually have a lot of hotties working that booth) was an former Miss Arizona and wanted to get on the cranks.

She was amazingly good (and hot). No trouble pedaling, even pedalled forwards and backwards at the same time without difficulty then changed directions without difficulty first time on the bike. Her background was in gymnastics and dance. For some reason my mind was not working well and if I had remembered to take a picture it wouldn't be very clear from all the slobber that would have been on the lens.

If I had that picture (and it was clear) I am sure this thread could set new records.

--------------
Frank,
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Man, I love my PC's but as I said on this thread less than 10 posts ago in Sep 2004, someone kill this thread and bring back the hottie thread...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Okay, can anyone get a hottie on your PC's and get a picture with a big smile. Then we can all get into a discussion about what is going on. I beat The Big Cheese can even find an article that would prove PC's are only good for improving PC's.

Dave

Quote Reply
Re: Drills vs. PC's [devashish paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
[reply]Man, I love my PC's but as I said on this thread less than 10 posts ago in Sep 2004, someone kill this thread and bring back the hottie thread...[/reply]

Maybe we could turn this into a combination of all the things that work to generate posts. pictures, hotties, and PC's. Post a picture of your new PC muscle definition (we all know where it happens). Come on Dev, you go first then we can work on one of the ladies, Susanherself would probably be up for it. :-) And we will let it degenerate from there.

--------------
Frank,
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
OK, but I better see some hotties, not just decrepid 40 year old cripple poser like myself:

Dev

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
[reply]OK, but I better see some hotties, not just decrepid 40 year old cripple poser like myself:

Dev

[img]http://www.triathletesonline.com/user_images/Img0600.jpg[/img][/reply]

I think everyone should take notice that your right leg is halfway up the back stroke and your hamstring tendons at your knee are still taut. I was thinking more HF (groin) pictures but that will do. Susan, your turn. :-)

Frank

--------------
Frank,
Last edited by: Frank Day: Nov 4, 05 18:49
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Oh, and you are out of the saddle pulling up on the backstroke. (I could have edited my previous post to add that observation but it wouldn't have got this thread closer to taking the lead again). So there . . .

--------------
Frank,
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
But Dev, you are not riding your PC's to build your PC's. :o)

Dave

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Frank, told you I was all flipped out.

Dave

Quote Reply

Prev Next