Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Dreitz had mirror on bike in Kona!?
Quote | Reply
Watching a GTN video, it was built into a custom hydration/aerobar set up. It was in an odd position, and maybe removable, but still odd.

http://www.TriScottsdale.org
Quote Reply
Re: Dreitz had mirror on bike in Kona!? [Sbernardi] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Seems like it helped.

Strava
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sbernardi wrote:
Watching a GTN video, it was built into a custom hydration/aerobar set up. It was in an odd position, and maybe removable, but still odd.

That is a bit disturbing. For the blue man group train?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
He did not race with that bar/hydration. It’s still being prototyped and tested.

Alex Arman

Strava
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Mark explicitly said he wasn't riding the race with it.

Washed up footy player turned Triathlete.
Quote Reply
Re: Dreitz had mirror on bike in Kona!? [tlc13] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
tlc13 wrote:
Sbernardi wrote:

That is a bit disturbing. For the blue man group train?

Ha... my first thought was that maybe is so he could keep his head down and know where he was going. I think your theory would be interesting... "I'll massage my left quad when the marshalls are coming, Pattie!"
Quote Reply
Re: Dreitz had mirror on bike in Kona!? [Andres] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I've wondered if there is a way to utilize belay glasses to solve that problem without making it even more dangerous...

-------------
Ed O'Malley
www.VeloVetta.com
Founder of VeloVetta Cycling Shoes
Instagram • Facebook
Last edited by: RowToTri: Oct 17, 19 15:26
Quote Reply
Re: Dreitz had mirror on bike in Kona!? [RowToTri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hello RowToTri and All,

Actually quite a good idea ..... head down ...... and you can see where you are going .... much safer.

Better awareness and your neck doesn't get as tired. More relaxed position.

Faster. It is easy to just lift your head a bit and look over the prism to see the real world view .... although the very clear view of a large area the and ability to see small pebbles is surprising.

Used in Ironman races for several years .... then the mirror rule was added ..... it would seem to make it illegal in Ironman branded races as one face of prism is silvered.

Too bad .... as it is much safer to have cyclists clearly seeing what is in front of them when their head is down .... for better situational awareness.

https://forum.slowtwitch.com/...ost=6454651#p6454651

Also there is a newer and better way to accomplish all this .... but it still utilizes a prism.

The clip below is from the View-Speed website (which is very slowly being updated).

To buy View-Speed Cyclops Glasses you need to select which is your dominant eye and you need to have normal vision without glasses (contacts are OK) – as corrective glasses will not fit behind the View-Speed Cyclops glasses.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ocular_dominance
The Miles test. The observer extends both arms, brings both hands together to create a small opening, then with both eyes open views a distant object through the opening. The observer then alternates closing the eyes or slowly draws opening back to the head to determine which eye is viewing the object (i.e. the dominant eye).

Please select View-Speed Cyclops Glasses to match your dominant eye ..... if you are right eye dominant .... select right eye dominant glasses .... left eye dominant ... select left eye dominant glasses ....... the prism will be mounted on the side of the dominant eye for best results.

View-Speed Cyclops Glasses are an aid for keeping the top of the cyclist's head down more even with the plane of the back of the cyclist ..... while providing the ability to see forward for safety - to improve comfort and relax the neck muscles with the head in a more normal position which mitigates the effects of Shermer's Neck Syndrome - and to increase speed about +1 mph Faster at same power depending on cyclist's previous position.

Cheers, Neal

+1 mph Faster
Quote Reply