Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Dr. Andrew Coggan vs The Committee
Quote | Reply
Dear all,

Regarding the posts by "The Committee" and the various alegations that the character is indeed me posting under an alias, I would like to say that I am not responsible for those posts in any way.

As everything in life, I take great pride in all the things I do, so I am not afraid of assuming responsibility for what I write.

Dr. Andrew Coggan, PhD
Quote Reply
Re: Dr. Andrew Coggan vs The Committee [Dr.AndrewCoggan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I totally missed these posts. What were they about? Nice to see your name back Sir.

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply
Post deleted by The Committee [ In reply to ]
Last edited by: The Committee: Nov 4, 04 10:29
Quote | Reply
"As everything in life, I take great pride in all the things I do, so I am not afraid of assuming responsibility for what I write."

as you know, i'm a big fan of yours, and i love you. deeply. that established, your sig has not always been transparently decipherable when considering its author of record. not all posts by the honorable Dr. Andrew Coggan, PhD, have been signed Dr. Andrew Coggan, PhD. not that i mind. i'm just fine-tuning here.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Dr. Coggan,

What did you wish to reply to me about? I received an email with the following message:

Slowtwitch Forums

Dr.AndrewCoggan has replied to your post in the Slowtwitch Forums: Triathlon Forum forum.

Subject: Re: What's HIS Name (RVW, Oracle, Janice, etc) [Rappstar]

You can view the post here: http://forum.slowtwitch.com/gforum.cgi?post=240891#240891

Only to discover said message did not exist...

"Non est ad astra mollis e terris via." - Seneca | rappstar.com | FB - Rappstar Racing | IG - @jordanrapp
Quote Reply
Re: Dr. Andrew Coggan vs The Committee [The Committee] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"And isn't your signature redundant?"

Are you talking about the Dr. and the PhD? How is that redundant - a PhD isn't the only doctorate that one can earn.

---------------------------------------------------------

"What the mind can conceive and believe, the mind and body can achieve; and those who stay will be champions."
Quote Reply
Re: Dr. Andrew Coggan vs The Committee [Rappstar] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
How could this be? There was a response to one of your posts from the committee! But not by the esteemed AC? Hmmm. Time to bring in the Hardy Boys.

--------------
Frank,
An original Ironman and the Inventor of PowerCranks
Quote Reply
Re: Dr. Andrew Coggan vs The Committee [Frank Day] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
How about Nancy Drew?

-----------------------------------------------
maylene jackson, cscs
http://www.kidsintraining.org
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Can't be too proud of those titles to add emphasis to our arguments.

Dr. F. Day, M.D.

--------------
Frank,
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I prefer Poirot, myself.

Now, Doctors Coggan and Day, how would you suggest that someone like my brother-in-law and sister, who are both M.D. PhDs, sign their posts if they were ever so inclined to write some?

I tell them it should be Drdr. XYZ, M.D., PhD. Never can have too many...

"Non est ad astra mollis e terris via." - Seneca | rappstar.com | FB - Rappstar Racing | IG - @jordanrapp
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hello,

I see no reason for AC not to list his credentials. I certainly give more weight to his posts than I do to someone whos training is as an accountant. I think one reason why he doesn't post here as much is because of the arguementative nature of this forum at times. I know in my area of expertise it is frustrating to have definative proof on a point and have to argue with someone who's has no proof. Such is the nature of public forums.

Styrrell
Quote Reply
Re: Dr. Andrew Coggan vs The Committee [Rappstar] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Actually, they might consider Drs xyz, RD, PhD

RD is an abbreviation for real doctor for those not in on the joke.

Dr. (only one) F Day, RD

--------------
Frank,
Quote Reply
Last edited by: The Committee: Nov 4, 04 14:20
Re: Dr. Andrew Coggan vs The Committee [smtyrrell99] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
and to which definitive proof, that Dr. AC has, were you referring too?

--------------
Frank,
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I don't know what to say, Committee re: the semicolon. I just cut and pasted from the email. No other email has ever contained a semicolon, so from whence do you derive that the semicolon is proper formatting?

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
"Are you saying that Coggan is also a medical doctor?"

No, I'm asking you to clarify your statement that the sig is redundant.

---------------------------------------------------------

"What the mind can conceive and believe, the mind and body can achieve; and those who stay will be champions."
Quote Reply
Re: Dr. Andrew Coggan vs The Committee [maylene] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ok, in my best imitation of Sabrina Duncan, the smart Charlie's Angel, I have to confess something to you all.

I saw the post that the supposed Dr. Andrew Coggan posted. I know who "he" is. The poster then changed to his normal name on here upon a refresh of the page. Don't ask me for proof, don't ask me to cite a study for scientific backup. I know what I saw, and I do have proof, but I want to give the poster a chance.

Now, I would advise that person to step forward, to fess up. It is not cool to say you are someone when you are not.

maylene jackson, cscs
Quote Reply
Last edited by: The Committee: Nov 4, 04 11:17
Quote | Reply
Finally The Committee makes a mistake... he subtracts hours instead of adding.

-
"Yeah, no one likes a smartass, but we all like stars" - Thom Yorke

smartasscoach.tri-oeiras.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Whoever they are, their time zone would seem to put them on the west coast of the United States.

nope - u will find out soon

and that is funny - i looked at your time zone earlier. it is diff than what it shows now. hmmmmm

maylene jackson, cscs
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Dear all,

It was fun while it lasted. I had dreamed that the real Andrew Coggan would come forward and have a fight with The Committee, but a stupid mistake won't let that happen. Maylene, you're such a party spoiler, couldn't you let this smartass joke go on just a little longer? ;-)))
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
"Fine-tuning, or dissembling?"

here's where things sit (so to speak), as well as i can figure out. andy coggan is currently sitting at paolo's computer in portugal. meanwhile, there's a committee sitting at andy cogggan's computer in the washington univ (st. louis) medical school. why? above my pay grade and far as i'm concerned, 'sall good.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Time zone is a thin piece of evidence... Certainly not "Coggan-quality" proof of anything!

Quote Reply

Prev Next