Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Dopers in Kona. Weiss, Mckenzie, who else?
Quote | Reply
These two stood out as dopers taking the line in Kona. Is there anyone else?

With Ironman able to make up their own rule as a private organization I'd love to see them do lifetime bans!
Quote Reply
Re: Dopers in Kona. Weiss, Mckenzie, who else? [Alwaysrunning99] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Alwaysrunning99 wrote:

With Ironman able to make up their own rule as a private organization I'd love to see them do lifetime bans!
Alexander Vinokourov in 45-49 AG (he qualified last weekend).
Quote Reply
Re: Dopers in Kona. Weiss, Mckenzie, who else? [Alwaysrunning99] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
A large percentage of age groupers.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Considering that WTC is a signatory to the WADA code and plays in the sandboxes of national federations...no, no they can't. Not unless they also are planning on self-insuring and creating their own rulebook - which in the end is destructive to the rest of the sport.

Good try, though.

----------------------------------
Editor-in-Chief, Slowtwitch.com | Twitter
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
What Sport issues a lifetime ban for PEDs? Oh yeah none.

Washed up footy player turned Triathlete.
Quote Reply
Re: Dopers in Kona. Weiss, Mckenzie, who else? [TheStroBro] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TheStroBro wrote:

Were you serious? Lots of sports ban athletes for life for "infractions" of the rules of their sports including PEDs.
Quote Reply
Re: Dopers in Kona. Weiss, Mckenzie, who else? [M----n] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Re: Dopers in Kona. Weiss, Mckenzie, who else? [rrheisler] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
rrheisler wrote:
Considering that WTC is a signatory to the WADA code and plays in the sandboxes of national federations...no, no they can't. Not unless they also are planning on self-insuring and creating their own rulebook - which in the end is destructive to the rest of the sport.

Good try, though.

True. They all stopped doping in 2005.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
M----n wrote:

Define "a large percentage"... I am curious, I think its actually a small percentage of people that actually suck enough to cheat.

Colorado Triathlon Company, CO2UT 2021, Crooked Gravel 2022, Steamboat Gravel 2022
Quote Reply
Re: Dopers in Kona. Weiss, Mckenzie, who else? [JRTX] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
She received a two year suspension for something apparently deemed unintentional. Normal ban is four years, which in Triathlon is definitely a lifetime. But you failed to provide evidence of sports that execute lifetime bans for first positive PED test.

Baseball uses a three strike policy, the NFL doesn't have a lifetime ban...but third offense is generally two years and two years out of the league is a death sentence if you're not a QB. The top google resulte was Jeremy Mejia of the Mets who popped three times and has just been reinstated.

Last edited by: TheStroBro: Aug 21, 18 7:50
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Alwaysrunning99 wrote:

I don't know any back-stories here. Have these guys tested positive, or are you saying that they appear to be dopers?

---------------------------------------------------------------

https://connect.garmin.com/modern/profile/domingjm
Quote Reply
Re: Dopers in Kona. Weiss, Mckenzie, who else? [JRTX] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
JRTX wrote:
TheStroBro wrote:

Were you serious? Lots of sports ban athletes for life for "infractions" of the rules of their sports including PEDs.

Why didn't you list any of them?

Quote Reply
Re: Dopers in Kona. Weiss, Mckenzie, who else? [domingjm] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
domingjm wrote:
Alwaysrunning99 wrote:

I don't know any back-stories here. Have these guys tested positive, or are you saying that they appear to be dopers?

https://www.slowtwitch.com/...hael_Weiss_2476.html

https://www.slowtwitch.com/...r_Ostarine_6192.html

blog
Quote Reply
Re: Dopers in Kona. Weiss, Mckenzie, who else? [domingjm] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Why didn't you list any of them? //

Lance??
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
M----n wrote:

All the ones that place above you, right?

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Maybe the guy who submitted the question about his testosterone treatments during his 16-24 hours of training getting ready for IM's and halves. Starts at 25:35. For the record thought TR did a really good job of calling out hard how this was doping/cheating in case the guy didn't realize it was.

https://blog.trainerroad.com/burning-fat-testosterone-coach-chads-booklist-and-more-ask-a-cycling-coach-167/
Quote Reply
Re: Dopers in Kona. Weiss, Mckenzie, who else? [boilerup] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
boilerup wrote:
M----n wrote:

Define "a large percentage"... I am curious, I think its actually a small percentage of people that actually suck enough to cheat.

Depends on your definition of 'doping' & 'cheating'

I suspect a very large %age would fail a full test, most without even realizing...just take a look at the banned list..I know I certainly would.

How many people from Spain, Portugal, Mexico, China, etc can be 100% sure that none of the meat they have eaten recently hasn't contained clenbuterol for example... let alone what might be in the USA's genetically modified bleached zombie chickens..!! Or what about the guy who gets a cold a week before and grabs something from the pharmacy that contains something they've never heard of..?

It's easy to label drug fails as 'cheaters', but often it is not that simple.
Quote Reply
Re: Dopers in Kona. Weiss, Mckenzie, who else? [UKathlete] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
So what do you take that is on the banned list

Sounds like you are making excuses for your self
Quote Reply
Re: Dopers in Kona. Weiss, Mckenzie, who else? [UKathlete] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
UKathlete wrote:
boilerup wrote:
M----n wrote:

Depends on your definition of 'doping' & 'cheating'

I suspect a very large %age would fail a full test, most without even realizing...just take a look at the banned list..I know I certainly would.

How many people from Spain, Portugal, Mexico, China, etc can be 100% sure that none of the meat they have eaten recently hasn't contained clenbuterol for example... let alone what might be in the USA's genetically modified bleached zombie chickens..!! Or what about the guy who gets a cold a week before and grabs something from the pharmacy that contains something they've never heard of..?

It's easy to label drug fails as 'cheaters', but often it is not that simple.

when I hit a PR in high school XC of 16:15 in the 5k, I was on steroids for a cold that had started on that Monday. Haven't broke 16:40 since.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Alwaysrunning99 wrote:

She hopefully you get a lifetime ban for putting on a smear campaign. Don't know words story but McKenzie was unintentional, served her time.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote:
She received a two year suspension for something apparently deemed unintentional.

Wrong!

From the press release:

Quote:
In accordance with the rules, a two-year period of ineligibility is the standard and appropriate sanction for a case not involving a finding of intentional doping.

The inability of WTC/WADA or whomever to prove intentional doping does not mean the doping was unintentional. The same way that a finding of "not guilty" does not mean someone is innocent of a crime.

Nevertheless, it doesn't matter. She's a convicted doper, cheater and deserves the scorn that she gets.

Quote:
An anti-doping rule violation occurs regardless of intent, fault, negligence or knowing use on an athlete’s part.

Oh wait, she loudly protested the finding, she's pretty, and runs (or ran) a high prestige race, so people don't want to get on her or her husbands bad side.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Did they not serve their full bans, per WADA or their National Governing Association?
Quote Reply
Re: Dopers in Kona. Weiss, Mckenzie, who else? [logella] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Interesting, seeing a bunch of the four year penalties of late I was under an impression that it may be 4 years intentional and 2 years unintentional. Still, don't really care. She served her time and in in the protocol.

"The whole fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me, fool me three times and I'll"... comes to mind.

Quote Reply
Re: Dopers in Kona. Weiss, Mckenzie, who else? [UKINNY] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
UKINNY wrote:
So what do you take that is on the banned list

Sounds like you are making excuses for your self

+1, it's quite easy to lookup what is banned

808 > NYC > PDX > YVR
2024 Races: Taupo
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote:
Interesting, seeing a bunch of the four year penalties of late I was under an impression that it may be 4 years intentional and 2 years unintentional.

It was announced at the same time that Lauren Barnett was also found to have osterine in her system, however, she was able to prove that it came from a contaminated substance. She received a 6 month suspension.

http://cms.ironman.com/...2606FD12266500F.ashx
Quote Reply

Prev Next