Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Dont use a Polar Bottle as a torpedo bottle
Quote | Reply
Just purchased a Polar insulated bottle and used it in the aero bar mount. The way the bottle is made there is a rim just under the screw cap that sticks out from the bottle just a bit. The vibration of the road and the somewhat sharpness of this rim cut into my grips pretty good. I will only use the Camelbak insulated bottled from now on (plus I like the value on the camelbaks better). This polar bottle is now relegated to the gym and for trainer work outs only.
Quote Reply
Re: Dont use a Polar Bottle as a torpedo bottle [~C] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm confused. How is the bottle touching the grips? Do you have your aero bars so close together that a bottle barely fits between them?

I have a 2012 Transition, X-Lab Torpedo mount, and Polar Insulated bottle, all with about 600 miles on them so far, and nothing touches. Plus, I have the mount off center to the left about 1/2" to allow my bike computer to mount on the right aero bar. Still no problems.

"...the street finds its own uses for things"
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If you just remove the lid retainer, doesn't that remove the lip?
Quote Reply
Re: Dont use a Polar Bottle as a torpedo bottle [SWoo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Not on the bottle I have. It is molded into the body of the bottle? I removed that black hanger part and noticed the rim that stuck out but didnt think it would do anything. I just put some new PD rubber grips on (loving those) and it chewed them up good.
Quote Reply
Re: Dont use a Polar Bottle as a torpedo bottle [AutomaticJack] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yeah my bars are close together and bottle rests on the grips. I have PD T2 Aluminum bars and it craddles the bottles well.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've never had any issues with plain old cheap bottles. They are also great for races with bottle exchanges, you don't flinch about parting with them.
Quote Reply
Re: Dont use a Polar Bottle as a torpedo bottle [Rambler] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
X2

Panabax

We’ve heard that a million monkeys at a million keyboards could produce the complete works of Shakespeare; now, thanks to the Internet, we know that is not true.—Robert Wilensky
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have little knicks in my bar tape where the top of the bottle sits, never really bothered me.

I like plain old cheap bottles though, I can stick them in and poke a hole for a little straw, works great without costing anything really.