Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Does honeymoon interfere with Lake Placid 2005?
Quote | Reply
Here's the situation,

I'm recently engaged and our wedding date is set for May 28th, 2005 (very excited!). After the wedding we plan to honeymoon in Italy for two weeks. Looking into the future I feel like next year is the last year I'll be able to focus on completing an ironman for quite awhile. I want to sign up for Lake Placid, but feel that the time off for the honeymoon would seriously interfere with my training and in turn put me at risk for injury or a DNF at the event. I have completed about a dozen Olympic and Sprint distance events and a half IM with some success. Am I just overreacting or right on the money? Feedback or any advice would be greatly appreciated? Thanks.

Quote Reply
Re: Does honeymoon interfere with Lake Placid 2005? [xcjunkie] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Just make sure you get in a lot of cardio training while in Italy. I don't know how you'll race, but I'm sure you'll be much happier.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Your wife may be pissed but unless you're going on a honeymoon longer than two weeks, you will be ok. Chances are you will at least be able to ride a stationary bike a couple of times and run a little on a treadmill while you're there. You would probably be faster if you didn't take the time off and I might not do it if I was fighting for a Kona spot at IMLP but if your concern is a DNF, you don't need to worry. I got married on Memorial Day weekend and then did IMC in August. I had a month more than you will in between but I would have been ok doing an IM in July too.

Anyone who tells you they're as fast now as they were when they were 18...
sure wasn't very fast when they were 18.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The thing about this sport is you can do it for a long time. Chill out have a great honeymoon and race some other time. I would think your first priority is your new marriage. If it isn't see if your wife to be will delay the date 1 year :-)
Quote Reply