Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Does anyone have experience with one 1x chainrings for Shimano cranks
Quote | Reply
The main two I see are absolute black and wolf tooth can anyone provide any input or real world life experience
Last edited by: Fishbum: Jun 20, 23 16:40
Quote Reply
Re: Does anyone have experience with one 1x chainrings for Shimano cranks [Fishbum] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I went with the aerocoach Aten on my TT bike because they had bigger rings (54 and 58) and were available in my time-frame. It fit my requirements and have had 3 chain drops in 3000miles and im pretty sure they were all due to poorly timed shifts (high load over bumps). It's noisy and the extreme ends of the cassette, but otherwise functions as expected.

I've run the wolftooth on many gravel and mountain bikes without a complaint, and had the AB on a gravel bike as well. Again, no complaints with them. The Wolftooth feel and look pretty bare bones in comparison to the other two, but they all performed flawlessly.

The differences in the ovality are relatively small with the Aten being the most different (least amount of oval) which seems to fit my riding style the best.

I know Rotor also has 1x for shimano, but again I couldn't get them in my time-frame.
Quote Reply
Re: Does anyone have experience with one 1x chainrings for Shimano cranks [Fishbum] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I run 1 x 10 and have had good luck with the generic Chinese "Wide-Narrow" toothed chainrings on ebay. I run a 56T, not because I'm superman, but to give a straighter chainline to my most used cassette gears, which has been further tuned with chainring spacers - https://www.amazon.com/...687311422&sr=8-5
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I just set my trainer bike SRM 130 BCD up with these for a 1x 12, pretty solid and stiff so fair have about 50 hours

https://www.pyramidcycledesign.co.uk/shop.php
Quote Reply
Re: Does anyone have experience with one 1x chainrings for Shimano cranks [mike s] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I ran an absoluteblack on a 8000 crank with zero issues and got many compliments on the look of the ring.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I’ve tried to fit an Alugear NW chainring.
I wouldn’t recommend it as the chain systematically dropped in the highest gears. I went back to a sram NW (on 130 bcd)
Quote Reply