Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Does a disk really offer an advantage on this bike?
Quote | Reply
http://www.jdrf-velokraft.com

--------------
Frank,
An original Ironman and the Inventor of PowerCranks
Quote Reply
Re: Does a disk really offer an advantage on this bike? [Frank Day] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sure, to my eye the rear wheel isn't so sheltered that it makes no difference.

I see they're racing in the naked recumbent division. Ouch, ouch, I can only imagine the saddle sores from racing naked across the US. (Insert ";" if necessary.)
Quote Reply
Re: Does a disk really offer an advantage on this bike? [dre125038] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Agreed - I'm surprised that the front wheel isn't a disc as well.

mp
Quote Reply
Re: Does a disk really offer an advantage on this bike? [dre125038] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
[reply]Sure, to my eye the rear wheel isn't so sheltered that it makes no difference.

I see they're racing in the naked recumbent division. Ouch, ouch, I can only imagine the saddle sores from racing naked across the US. (Insert ";" if necessary.)[/reply]

It may not make "no" difference, but it seems the difference might be so small (there is substantial sheltering) that it wouldn't make up for the handling problems that might come up on the ride if the winds don't cooperate. I notice in their other pictures they apparently do their practice rides with a normal spoked wheel on the back.

--------------
Frank,
An original Ironman and the Inventor of PowerCranks
Quote Reply
Re: Does a disk really offer an advantage on this bike? [Frank Day] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
I notice in their other pictures they apparently do their practice rides with a normal spoked wheel on the back.
I do, too. :-)
Quote Reply