Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Does IM care about AG doping
Quote | Reply
I emailed iamtrue@ironman.com on Nov. 29, and said I wanted to report a doping violation with pictures for proof. I asked if their reporting system was anonymous. Over 2 weeks later and I still haven’t received a response.
Quote Reply
Re: Does IM care about AG doping [Twitchanon12345] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You have pics of someone doping?
Quote Reply
Re: Does IM care about AG doping [Swimsucks] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Swimsucks wrote:
You have pics of someone doping?

This is exactly what I thought word for word.

https://www.strava.com/...tes/zachary_mckinney
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Doubt they care at all except for appearances

I saw two guys pull wetsuit shorts over their trisuits while standing in the crowd to start the race in my age group

I Told the race director. Pointed directly at the two guys who were lined up to start the swim. They were 6’ from us. He said ok

After the race he asked me what happened

I said WHAT do you mean what happened?

He replies. Well I thought you were going to repot them to the ref
Last edited by: MrTri123: Dec 15, 20 15:28
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In fairness to IM and other race organizations, these things take time. I also wouldn’t expect a lot of communication/feedback from them. They seem to keep these things pretty quiet until it’s fully gone through the process.

I would submit it to usada as well.

https://www.usada.org/resources/playclean/

blog
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sorry to ask, but how does a picture prove a doping (banned substances or use) violation ?
IV for example ?

Louis :-)
Quote Reply
Re: Does IM care about AG doping [stevej] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It’s a picture of an individual who owns a recovery studio sitting in a chair with a 1000ml IV drip. I sent it to wada and they responded in 2 days. Just thought it was interesting IM never even responded.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Twitchanon12345 wrote:
I emailed iamtrue@ironman.com on Nov. 29, and said I wanted to report a doping violation with pictures for proof. I asked if their reporting system was anonymous. Over 2 weeks later and I still haven’t received a response.

the answer is yes, IM is serious about AG doping. but i see 2 posts from you, and only 2 posts. they're both on the same subject. if you're on a particular anti-doping crusade and you want to use this forum to exercise it, that's not a good idea.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Twitchanon12345 wrote:

Someone smoking a joint?

USAT Level II- Ironman U Certified Coach
Quote Reply
Re: Does IM care about AG doping [Once-a-miler] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
maybe your email went to their spam blocker? have you tried other authorities such as USADA?
Quote Reply
Re: Does IM care about AG doping [Slowman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Slowman wrote:
Twitchanon12345 wrote:

the answer is yes, IM is serious about AG doping. but i see 2 posts from you, and only 2 posts. they're both on the same subject. if you're on a particular anti-doping crusade and you want to use this forum to exercise it, that's not a good idea.

Is there a minimum number of posts someone needs to make before they can raise what appears to be a serious IM related concern? Not everyone that participates in IM has a ST post history...?
Quote Reply
Re: Does IM care about AG doping [dunno] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
dunno wrote:
Slowman wrote:
Twitchanon12345 wrote:

Is there a minimum number of posts someone needs to make before they can raise what appears to be a serious IM related concern? Not everyone that participates in IM has a ST post history...?

when your first two posts, a month a part, are each about some doping thing you saw (2 different instances, i guess) then my knee twitches. if you don't like the way i moderate, reddit beckons.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Slowman wrote:
dunno wrote:
Slowman wrote:
Twitchanon12345 wrote:

when your first two posts, a month a part, are each about some doping thing you saw (2 different instances, i guess) then my knee twitches. if you don't like the way i moderate, reddit beckons.

That's a pretty rude response Dan...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
dunno wrote:
Slowman wrote:
dunno wrote:
Slowman wrote:
Twitchanon12345 wrote:

to a rude post.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Slowman wrote:

to a rude post.[/quote]
Don't want to get into a tit for tat as I have no idea about the OP or their question. It just seemed strange that he/she couldn't ask such a question. Id imagine a sport such as triathlon that has hundred of thousands of participants that if one of them has a question and they google it ST would come up in the top search results? Thus it wouldn't be uncommon for a one or two post person to post a question solely in relation to what they wanted to know?

Thus I found it weird that apparent assumption that a person posting a few times on random things makes any difference to the validity of their question...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
dunno wrote:
Slowman wrote:

to a rude post.

Don't want to get into a tit for tat as I have no idea about the OP or their question. It just seemed strange that he/she couldn't ask such a question. Id imagine a sport such as triathlon that has hundred of thousands of participants that if one of them has a question and they google it ST would come up in the top search results? Thus it wouldn't be uncommon for a one or two post person to post a question solely in relation to what they wanted to know?

Thus I found it weird that apparent assumption that a person posting a few times on random things makes any difference to the validity of their question...[/quote]

i absolutely make mistakes in my moderation. no doubt about that. but about half the folks who register for this forum mean mischief. for example, nowadays, if you register, you're asked a sort of challenge question: "name a RACE (be specific!) associated with the sport this site covers that interests you." about 1 in every 4 responds, "caucasion" or "asian". i kid you not. i get dozens of these every day. spammers and bots. this is completely separate from the people who absolutely do belong here, but write stuff that doesn't. and this doesn't begin to tackle what happens in the other forums.

i'm not complaining, just relating. when somebody registers and posts twice and twice only, a month apart, and one post is about witnessing an IV in marathon and isn't that a doping violation? and the other is about IM not responding to an email where another (i guess) doping violation was committed, i have to wonder how this forum is getting used. what is the motivation of the person who registers? because, honestly, i see danger ahead, for us, for this community, and for that person, and for the "dopers" who are just waiting to get identified. when the person posting here has no interest in zwift, or cervelo, or the 100/100, or anything else except the two doping "violations" he or she witnessed, maybe that's fine. maybe it's not. i don't know. but my instinct tells me that it's something i at least need to address.

I would just ask that you allow me to use my judgment because my judgment is all i have.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Last edited by: Slowman: Dec 15, 20 18:58
Quote Reply
Re: Does IM care about AG doping [MrTri123] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Next time report that to an official.

Canadian Record Holder 35-39M & 40-44M - 200 m Butterfly (LCM)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Just so you know, I have no interest in zwift, cervelo or the 100/100.

Pink? Maybe. Maybe not. You decide.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
WTC is pretty transparent that they are a business and they mostly just care about things that affect their profits. So I wouldn't think AG doping is high on their priority list. That being said, it's an intractable problem, what can they do? I wish they made people pay for and take a doping test when they accepted a Kona slot, but even that is only going to catch morons.

Dimond Bikes Superfan
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
This forum's intent is a community where folks contribute in a positive fashion. Whether that means helping other athletes, providing valuable feedback to the industry to make better products, or helping our sport continue to grow and get better.

If someone doesn't want to be apart of the above, but rather solely wants to bash an athlete, company, or organization, I think that's where Dan draws the line. If you are apart of the above and are helping driving the needle in our sport, there seems to be a little more leeway.

blog
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Does WTC care about AG doping? Some and like most pseudo NGBs and most NGBs they care more about doping on the elite level vs the AG level but they at least make an attempt to nail AGers.

Granted some NGBs care much, much more about talking about banning PEDs users on the elite and AG level then they actually do about stopping/slowing PED utilization.

WTC has caught and gotten bans on several AG athletes over the years.

I've had four or five AG athletes tested at WTC events over the years. Now granted they all had either been the top AG athlete at an IM then got tested at that race or their next WTC race or had just won their AG at 70.3 worlds or finished in the top 3 in their Ag at Kona or were tested pre Kona at packet pickup.

FWIW I've also had a few athletes tested at USAT AG nationals, same sort of thing, top 10 overall and/or top 3 in their AG or winning the race outright.

You're best bet for this sort of thing if you're in the US is USADA or ASADA if in AUS.

Brian Stover USAT LII
Accelerate3 Coaching
Insta

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Slowman wrote:

you moderate much better than there. For instance, I was banned from there because I did an underground tri during a time 'official races' are not allowed (yet people still workout together, which that was a group workout).
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sure,
Ask K.Moats 🤪
Quote Reply
Re: Does IM care about AG doping [stevej] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
stevej wrote:
In fairness to IM and other race organizations, these things take time. I also wouldn’t expect a lot of communication/feedback from them. They seem to keep these things pretty quiet until it’s fully gone through the process.

I would submit it to usada as well.

https://www.usada.org/resources/playclean/

In fairness to IM, I would point out that it is 2020 and more likely than not, the people who used to answer the mail were part of the large number of employees let go this summer. Ironman was never known for outstanding and timely customer service, but at least this year it is understandable. What I wouldn't give to be able to examine their financials this year!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The answer is yes. They test age groupers at every race. They spend a lot of money on anti-doping.

A random anonymous person via an anonymous email with a picture of a dude taking an IV out of competition? Yeah, they probably do not care about that and junk it. Having a crusade against an individual with an IV bag makes you special. Not saying taking IVs isn't doping, by the letter of the law, it is.

But, like with everything, get yourself a lawyer and prepare to defend yourself in case the person you accuse comes after you for defamation.

Washed up footy player turned Triathlete.
Quote Reply

Prev Next