Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Disc cover
Quote | Reply
Does anyone have any experience with a Wheelbuilder disc cover on a 404 FC? These covers don't seem to fit properly. They're not flush; in other words they don't lay firmly against the spokes. They also appear to sit rather high on the rim. Do these look right?
[/img][/img]
Last edited by: trithink: Jun 6, 13 7:49
Quote Reply
Re: Disc cover [trithink] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If you think it sits too high on the rim, you can mark it and cut it with a sharp sissors.

---------------------------
''Sweeney - you can both crush your AG *and* cruise in dead last!! đŸ˜‚ '' Murphy's Law
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
They are not designed to sit on the spokes. They are designed to sit on the rim. That's proper fit.

I'd highly suggest taping the cover to the rim. Otherwise it will move around a bit and scuff the finish on the wheel. You'll probably still scuff a bit even with tape.

24 Hour World TT Champs-American record holder
Fat Bike Worlds - Race Director
Insta: chris.s.apex
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I heavily modified one of my covers. I wanted to fix the rubbing issue known when using the cover on a Speed Concept. I trimmed off some excess around the edge to make the edge of the cover sit almost flush to the spoke nipples. After that, I made a slit from the hub hole to the outer edge and then laid the wheel cover on the wheel. The full slit allows the cover to flush out against the rim and lay perfectly flat. While it was still laying on the wheel, I used electrical tape to fill in the full slit I made. I then taped the wheel cover to the rim with electrical tape (note: I ordered the wheel cover without fastener holes because I planned to tape it down).

The cover now lays VERY flat and I have a lot of clearance with the chainstays and the DuoTrap sensor.

Alex Arman

Strava
Quote Reply