Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Disc Brake on Front Only?
Quote | Reply
I've been riding a disc brake road bike for a year now. I do like it and would like to change the fork only on my other bike for a disc brake. Seems like all I would need is a new left shifter as well as the caliper on that front fork.

Does that seem doable?
Quote Reply
Re: Disc Brake on Front Only? [karlw2000] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You can use the same shifter with a mechanical disc caliper, like a TRP Spyre or AVID BB7.

You will also need a new front wheel.

Alex Arman

Strava
Quote Reply
Re: Disc Brake on Front Only? [doublea334] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I thought about the mechanical brake, but I like the hydraulic and I have 2 sets of disc brake wheels so that wouldn't be a problem just using one of the front wheels.

So it does sound doable?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yeah, you can run hydro disc front and mechanical rim rear. The levers will be shaped differently, and the feel of the front/rear brake will be drastically different.

But yes, it’s doable.

Alex Arman

Strava
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Totally doable. I’d probably go for a TRP Hy/Rd or solidarity or a mech-hydro converter rather than change the lever
Quote Reply
Re: Disc Brake on Front Only? [MattyK] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
MattyK wrote:
Totally doable. I’d probably go for a TRP Hy/Rd or solidarity or a mech-hydro converter rather than change the lever

Suggestions on models? Will they work with my 60 disc I have on my wheels?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
karlw2000 wrote:
MattyK wrote:

Suggestions on models? Will they work with my 60 disc I have on my wheels?
”similar” not solidarity... not sure where that came from... Yokozuna Motoko is the one I was trying to remember.
No experience but I don’t see why they wouldn’t be compatible
Last edited by: MattyK: May 18, 18 18:52
Quote Reply