Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Dirty Secrets [Greg/ORD] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Much better...

"Non est ad astra mollis e terris via." - Seneca | rappstar.com | FB - Rappstar Racing | IG - @jordanrapp
Quote Reply
Re: Dirty Secrets [ironclm] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That's enough out of you!!

Greg, I just wish you luck. Wishing cancer on someone might be the most hateful thing I have seen on ST. Good luck finding whatever it is you are looking for.....
Quote Reply
Re: Dirty Secrets [ironclm] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I cannot agree more. It is beyond sad.

Hatred, blame, and misunderstanding are all alive and well.

Where would you want to swim ?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Some other time. In the meantime, I refer you to your negative posts last year about USAF pilots and the USAF academy. I've said too much and I've polluted this wonderfull thread but I still haven't forgotten you. Later and be safe training.
Last edited by: tootall: May 18, 05 10:57
Quote Reply
Re: Dirty Secrets [briantryintri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
brian, I was kidding. all of my "hates" on that post were a joke.

I just posted to get into the spirit of casey's post.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
"I am a non-christian and I don't judge any faith. That said, I have known many, many christians. By and large, I have found that they are generally not pleasant, loving, intelligent, or open-hearted people. They are generally bitter, closed, angry, divisive, hypocritical, and amazingly materialistic folks. There are of course many exceptions to this, but as a general rule this is what I have found over decades. If one were to judge a club by its members, sadly, christianity wouldn't do so well in my book."

You just said below that you did judge Christians though. Which is it? ;)

I am a Christian, but sadly I have to agree that if you were to judge a club by its members, that they potentially may not do so well in your book. I've seen both ends of the spectrum for these folks. I've seen folks that are very pompous, judgemental, and close-minded... and this was at in a college Christian fellowship none the less. On the flip side, I've seen and am friends with folks who are loving and caring despite differences in beliefs or lifestyle. Folks that just simply care and don't judge no matter what the circumstances. Those folks, IMO, have been a pretty big inspiration and are the best role models I've had in my life.

I think sadly, many Christian fail to realize that it's not their place to judge. That's left for God alone. Any Christians that think otherwise need to check themselves.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Dude, give it a break. (You are gonna scare away all the ladies.)

I'll post a secret just for whatever sake:

-I'm bicycle fashion conscious, but I currently have duct tape wrapped around one of my aerobars because I haven't had time to replace the bar tape.
Quote Reply
Re: Dirty Secrets [mthammer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
*One of my secret fantasies is this: I come up to a stoplight and the person in the car in front of me tosses a cigarette butt out on the road. I get out of my car, pull their ass out of theirs, and make them pick it up right there in front of everybody else stopped at the light.

Ha, I did this when I was a cop! Stopped traffic in the entire interesection and made the guy pick it up. People were yelling and blowing their horns; at first I thought they were mad I had stopped traffic, but it turned out they were cheering me on!

Other law enforcement secrets (I retired young, so I can't get into trouble now):
  1. When I was in patrol, I had sex several times on duty - women love to have sex in, or on, a patrol car. They also like handcuffs, but never admit it until you use them.
  2. Whoever wrote that taking women to the firing range is a great way to get laid is absolutely correct - that kind of power is arousing to many women and worked for me time and time again.
  3. I hated to write tickets, and gave most people the option of a lecture or a ticket - one guy actually chose the ticket if you can believe it.
  4. I loved being a Narcotics Detective, but think narcotics enforcement in this country (USA) is stupid.
  5. I'm proud that I sat alone in a room for three hours with 23 million dollars in cash which hadn't been counted, and wasn't tempted to take any.
  6. I was horrified one night after my shift when I realized every person that I stopped for traffic violations who were white, black, or hispanic got warnings, but I wrote a ticket to every Asian - I never thought I had a racist bone in my body until that moment. I cancelled every one of those tickets that night.
  7. Only once did I use unecessary force. I stumbled across a guy raping a 15 year old girl, and beat him very nearly to death. I turned myself in to my Department and the DA; the DA refused to prosecute, but the Department suspended me for 10 hours (One Day). 30 seconds after I was given my notice of suspension, my Captain gave me ten hours of overtime for the very next day. To this day, I'm still friends with the girl and her family - I'll be going to her wedding next year.
  8. I think juries are stupid, and believe we should have tribunals instead.
  9. I'm anti-death penalty, but think prison should be much more harsh.
  10. Nearly everyone I put away for life likes me - one guy even offered to have anyone killed if ever I needed such a thing.
  11. I miss the action.

Other stuff:
  1. My wife was a Rams cheerleader, but she's embarrassed about it so I'm not allowed to brag (until now, ha!).
  2. I have terrible grammar, but still hate it when people write the word "alot."
  3. I love my family, but still sometimes fantasize about being alone - I love to be alone...alot. :-)
  4. My wife and I turned down an opportunity to do a meet and greet with U2 last month because we were too damed tired to go to the concert - we have two young children.
  5. I would like to spend thirty minutes alone, one at a time, with everyone who has ever physically or sexually abused a child. It would be their last thirty minutes, and their death would be agonizing.
  6. If anyone ever hurts either of my children, they will die a slow, painful death.

Okay, now I feel a bit creepy, so I'll stop.

Jim Manton / ERO Sports
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
man. I just went back and looked at the very beginning of this thread.

how'd it get so personal.

I guess I overdid it.

I'd just like to say everything I said was completely made up and has no relation to my actual life.

in the spirit of the original thread -

I 'm trying my 4th saddle in 10 months.

I once used a snorkel in a tri.

I crashed , and didn't replace my dented helmet until that model went on sale again.

I admire cute female butts for inspiration during tris.

( one advantage of being slow the girls are always passing me)

I 'm addicted to surfing ebay for new parts.

(ya oughta see how cool a 3T Mutant stem looks on a dual)

and finally, I'm scared sh9tless of 40mph downhills. one 'death wobble' even though nothing happened, was one too many for me.

"the trouble with normal is - it always gets worse"

- Cockburn
Quote Reply
Re: Dirty Secrets [Ze Gopha] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:

-I'm bicycle fashion conscious,

I never would have guessed!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Phew!! I remember some of your posts and thinking that you were a good dude but then I saw that!! That cheered me up. Sorry for the confusion. You have been released from the sight of my gun.....that I don't own! Have a good day.
Quote Reply
Re: Dirty Secrets [tootall] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I think Greg commented on his experience at the USAFA in CO Springs, which he briefly attended.

But if I am not mistaken the thread was started by a high school senior from PA or MD (I think) who was interested in the service acadamies and in particular it was the Naval Acadamy he was pursuing (which he eventually got into - it brought chills as I was following his personal drama and was happy for him).

Anyhew, If I recall correctly, Greg thought some of the Acadamy (Navy or USMC?) trained pilots were inferior. I could be wrong as the thread was some time ago, but I too remember Greg/Ord making comments, but I don;t think it was the Air Force Acadamy, but rather one of the others.

I'll say this for Greg, at least you always know where he stands, definitely not a wishy-washy person. Having spent a lot of my life (20 years) in the ORD (Chicago) area, I can say that a lot of people in that part of the country have the same views/values as Greg.
Quote Reply
Re: Dirty Secrets [tootall] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Pun was definitely not intended. OOPS.
Quote Reply
Re: Dirty Secrets [Hook'em] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes, mostly right. Yeah, I was disappointed by the caliber of education and training at usafa.

But the many military pilots (form all the armed services) i've met later on the line (in the civilian, scheduled, flying world) were not hopelessly inferior. I think ultimately the military flight training and experience was likely adequate for military flying; it's just that the military-trained folks generally didn't seem to do nearly as well on all the thousands of things that were necessary for adequate, safe civilian flying.

(I would hope, but cannot verify, that a military pilot, given enough horsepower, could chase down a MIG or bomb the hell out of some Iraqi family better than me.)

I'm glad at least you know where I stand, as sometimes I'm not too sure myself. But I don't think I would call my opinions Midwestern as I have only been near ORD for a few years--I moved from scenic Northern Calif.

Last edited by: Greg/ORD: May 18, 05 11:23
Quote Reply
Re: Dirty Secrets [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
  • I will not order anything from a restaurant menu that anyone else at the table has ordered.
  • I cannot spell, but recognize that and have downloaded a utility to spell check postings.
  • I am anal about cleaning my house, but my office is a mess.
  • I have just begun to train for my first tri. (07/05 sprint tri)
  • I am a fat man that was never in shape and it disgusts me.
  • I plan on losing 50+ pounds before my first child is born in November. (and I should probably lose more)
  • I have made bad decisions regarding my career, but I would not have met my lovely wife if I not made them.

Quote Reply
Re: Dirty Secrets [JM3] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm an ex cop from the So Cal area and agree with most of what JM3 had to say about his police comments. Not sure I could have left that whole $23M on the table though.
  • I still have trouble going 40+MPH down a hill too. Probably will never get used to it.
  • Train about 10 hours a week but can never lose that last 10 lbs.
  • I like Lance a lot but always pull for Ulrich. I don't know why.

I'm not really sure these qualify as dirty little secrets but i just wanted to play anyway. :)

Sure it's funny till somebody gets hurt...then it's hilarious.
Quote Reply
Re: Dirty Secrets [snackattack] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
OK, my turn :

$ Again, I quited smoking this morning. I smoke since I was 16, now I 'm 38. Stop smoking is hard for me.

$ I lost more than 30 kg in 4 years. Thanks to triathlon.

$ When I was a kid, I served in churches.

$ The day I wanted to tell my gf I wanted to leave her, she told me she was pregnant. Six years later, we are still together (+ 2 sons). She does not know I wanted to leave her that day.

$ Sometimes I find Americans primitive in regards to social life, eating habits, blablabla.

$ During a 100k run, I once was brought back by the police, because I lost track.

$ I have never used my fists to hit someone. But I would like to. Just to check how it feels.

$ Within 2 weeks I will receive my new bike, and still I have to tell my gf.

$ I never voted for the right extremist party, but maybe I will do soon. Maybe.

$ I once had sex in a rollercoaster at Six Flags. Enjoyed it, but it was messy...

$ I once had sex on a grave. Enjoyed it, but won't do that again.

$ I hate tiny, stressy, frustrated and overreacting dwarfs. I am 1m93 and 89 kg. I am slow and like that.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Fuck a duck and try to fly
Last edited by: Kanipupski: May 18, 05 11:37
Quote Reply
Post deleted by aerosapien [ In reply to ]
Last edited by: aerosapien: May 18, 05 13:54
Re: Dirty Secrets [aerosapien] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Wow! did your first 7 hit home.

No need to apologize. Thanks for sharing. Regarding your darkest moments, thank you for doing your job, whatever that was, and keeping us safe. war is war, and sometimes the "innocent" get hurt and even die. You should have nothing to feel guilty about or feel shameful for. I for one eappreciate you and others that have expressed similar remarks for keeping me, my family and our country safe.

Children are our hopes, our dreams, our future. I can not quite put into words what I want to say, but I know what you mean.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Top 5 People Whose Dirty Secrets We All Want To Read (in order).

1) Mr. Tibbs -- Slowman, please get him to return just for this thread

2) Bjorn -- I can't even imagine, which is why I'd like to know

3) Slowman -- although, maybe this would be like finding out Ghandi ate meat when he said was on a hunger strike

4) SmartAssCoach -- I can imagine, which is why I'd like to know

5) Francois -- smart AND fast, there must be some deal with the devil going on there...

"Non est ad astra mollis e terris via." - Seneca | rappstar.com | FB - Rappstar Racing | IG - @jordanrapp
Quote Reply
Re: Dirty Secrets [Rappstar] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Attend the El Paso camp and you might be able to find out. I would guess that SAC's would include married women, forgetting to shave his feet, a complete hatred of swimming and a fantasy of making love to a trichick on a bed of Clif Bars.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
-I write crap for a living, and I am unbelievably well compensated for doing it.

-I never had sex until I was 39

-I love tequila, but I never drink it

-I'm Catholic but I haven't been to confession in 25 years.

-I could be a pyromaniac very easily

-I have googled my girl friend's ex's
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
LOL... those are my cleanest secrets ;-)

-
"Yeah, no one likes a smartass, but we all like stars" - Thom Yorke

smartasscoach.tri-oeiras.com
Quote Reply
Re: Dirty Secrets [smartasscoach] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm glad Joel seems to have been off the board for a while. I'm not sure I'd want him knowing all those things about me... Although there is nothing in our contract about wanting to be a samurai...

I'd die to read Joel's too. I should have put him on the list ahead of Francois...

Quote Reply
Re: Dirty Secrets [Rappstar] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"1) Mr. Tibbs -- Slowman, please get him to return just for this thread"

I have to vote no on this one. You are requesting this for your own needs, and not his. Tibbs does not need the burden of fulfilling your emotional need.

Leave him alone.

------------------------------------------------------------
Quote Reply

Prev Next