Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Difference Between Cycleops and Powertap branded hubs
Quote | Reply
I have been wondering about this for a while, and I haven't been able to figure it out. Is there a difference between powertap branded and cycleops branded g3 hubs? I know both of these companies are owned by Saris, so part of me expects them to be identical, however, I haven't seen this discussed anywhere. Are they cycleops branded ones older and have been replaced by powertap branded ones? Are there any differences in functionality?
Quote Reply
Re: Difference Between Cycleops and Powertap branded hubs [formula bike] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
PowerTap rebranded back in August 2013 - though, if I remember correctly it took a bit of time for some of the older CycleOps branded inventory to leave them (and thus, even more time to hit distributors/retailers).

I actually even found a crazy old post I wrote about it: https://www.dcrainmaker.com/...etooth-trainers.html

It would mean it's older, but honestly I'm not aware of any meaningful changes that were made in G3 hubs at any point along the way, except the change to dual ANT+/BLE caps.

That said - given the price of G3 hubs is so cheap anyway today, I'd certainly look at what PowerTap has on their own site when comparing used products.

-
My tiny little slice of the internets: dcrainmaker.com
Quote Reply
Re: Difference Between Cycleops and Powertap branded hubs [formula bike] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks for the info! Is it guaranteed that on old Cycleops branded one is ant+ only? In that case if you wanted bluetooth you could buy the updated powercap correct?
Quote Reply