Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Did anyone notice Frodo's comment after winning Oceanside?
Quote | Reply
It was something along the lines of, "It's April and I'm an old school guy who races seasonally. I don't stay fit all year like some guys. Knowing I'm lacking that speed and power this is a good sign." He kinda glanced at Lionel when he said that. Was this trash talking???
Quote Reply
Re: Did anyone notice Frodo's comment after winning Oceanside? [muohio2004] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Lionel won't even be on the podium at Kona this yr.
Quote Reply
Re: Did anyone notice Frodo's comment after winning Oceanside? [Fishbum] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It's no secret that Lionel is tearing it up in training right now. I'm sure that Lionel knows himself well and knows how hard to push in April but maybe this is a problem with not having a coach? Time will tell and I applaud him for attacking his weakness the swim. I love his youtube videos and it takes balls to post that stuff.
Quote Reply
Re: Did anyone notice Frodo's comment after winning Oceanside? [muohio2004] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
muohio2004 wrote:
It's no secret that Lionel is tearing it up in training right now. I'm sure that Lionel knows himself well and knows how hard to push in April but maybe this is a problem with not having a coach? Time will tell and I applaud him for attacking his weakness the swim. I love his youtube videos and it takes balls to post that stuff.

Being a true onset adult swimmer I got a little nuts over tracking the swim progression and Lionel is really doing some incredible stuff with his swim. Ironically, I wonder if Lionel is actually driving Jan to become a better swimmer. Frodo seems to be swimming better than ever.

Save: $50 on Speed Hound Recovery Boots | $20 on Air Relax| $100 on Normatec| 15% on Most Absorbable Magnesium

Blogs: Best CHEAP Zwift / Bike Trainer Desk | Theragun G3 vs $140 Bivi Percussive Massager | Normatec Pulse 2.0 vs Normatec Pulse | Speed Hound vs Normatec | Air Relax vs Normatec | Q1 2018 Blood Test Results | | Why HED JET+ Is The BEST value wheelset
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Well he also said this:

"You pushed me to my limit! Thank you for making me search for it! @lsanderstri has become one of the few guys that shapes the way every race unfolds and even I can’t help be a fan of the way he goes about it. Until next time! 📷 @fx_makesapicture"

https://www.instagram.com/p/BhXb3MoHpke/

Coach at TriForce Triathlon Team: https://www.triforceteam.com
Quote Reply
Re: Did anyone notice Frodo's comment after winning Oceanside? [Thomas Gerlach] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
swimming better than ever? ever?

Come on Thomas :)

Thomas Gerlach wrote:
muohio2004 wrote:

Being a true onset adult swimmer I got a little nuts over tracking the swim progression and Lionel is really doing some incredible stuff with his swim. Ironically, I wonder if Lionel is actually driving Jan to become a better swimmer. Frodo seems to be swimming better than ever.

Inside The Big Ring: Podcast & Coaching

Quote Reply
Re: Did anyone notice Frodo's comment after winning Oceanside? [Thomas Gerlach] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I think your spot on! And I'm not a Frodo fan but not a Bear I would be looking to poke.
Last edited by: Fishbum: Apr 10, 18 2:56
Quote Reply
Re: Did anyone notice Frodo's comment after winning Oceanside? [asellerg] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
asellerg wrote:
Well he also said this:

"You pushed me to my limit! Thank you for making me search for it! @lsanderstri has become one of the few guys that shapes the way every race unfolds and even I can’t help be a fan of the way he goes about it. Until next time! 📷 @fx_makesapicture"

All you guys are missing what Frodo is doing. What he did was recruited Lionel (along with Wurf and Kienle) to gang up with him on Lange and Gomez. He should also have Amberger and Starky helping out in this master plan. Except, none of these guys even realize that Frodo just recruited them and will get sucked into towing Frodo along in Kona. Frodo just pulled the ultimate Macca move, like recruiting Marino, Faris and Tissink to tow him around the QueenK and come out of T2 with a massive lead on Crowie at Kona 2010....and then be the best runner out of the train of bike studs.

See what Frodo just did? He knows he can't outrun Lange, so he's duped the stud cyclists to pull him to T2 at Kona and being the best runner out of the stud cyclist group he has the best cards out of T2. This just genius. Mission accomplished at Oceanside.

Frodo is going to just ride with Amberger and make sure Lange gets dropped, and wait for Kienle, Starky, Sanders and crew to show up and then drop the hammer once again. The goal is to have the max lead on Lange while burning the least possible kilojoules to T2.

Someone can superdave this thread when this happens in Kona in October.

Dev
Quote Reply
Re: Did anyone notice Frodo's comment after winning Oceanside? [devashish_paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Really interesting take Dev and totally feasible. With that being said Lange and his coach Faris are very smart and I am certain are working on taking his cycling to another level. IM Frankfurt will be brilliant and a great battle between Frodo and Lange no doubt will unfold.
Quote Reply
Re: Did anyone notice Frodo's comment after winning Oceanside? [devashish_paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I mean, yes, that's what we all want, but please explain, outside of wishful thinking, how this is what Frodo just did.

wovebike.com | Wove on instagram
Quote Reply
Re: Did anyone notice Frodo's comment after winning Oceanside? [Brandes] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Brandes wrote:
swimming better than ever? ever?

Come on Thomas :)

Thomas Gerlach wrote:
muohio2004 wrote:

If he drops Kanute in a swim, who was a recent front pack ITU swimmer, can I say that then? ;)

Save: $50 on Speed Hound Recovery Boots | $20 on Air Relax| $100 on Normatec| 15% on Most Absorbable Magnesium

Blogs: Best CHEAP Zwift / Bike Trainer Desk | Theragun G3 vs $140 Bivi Percussive Massager | Normatec Pulse 2.0 vs Normatec Pulse | Speed Hound vs Normatec | Air Relax vs Normatec | Q1 2018 Blood Test Results | | Why HED JET+ Is The BEST value wheelset
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
devashish_paul wrote:
asellerg wrote:
Well he also said this:

All you guys are missing what Frodo is doing. What he did was recruited Lionel (along with Wurf and Kienle) to gang up with him on Lange and Gomez. He should also have Amberger and Starky helping out in this master plan. Except, none of these guys even realize that Frodo just recruited them and will get sucked into towing Frodo along in Kona. Frodo just pulled the ultimate Macca move, like recruiting Marino, Faris and Tissink to tow him around the QueenK and come out of T2 with a massive lead on Crowie at Kona 2010....and then be the best runner out of the train of bike studs.

See what Frodo just did? He knows he can't outrun Lange, so he's duped the stud cyclists to pull him to T2 at Kona and being the best runner out of the stud cyclist group he has the best cards out of T2. This just genius. Mission accomplished at Oceanside.

Frodo is going to just ride with Amberger and make sure Lange gets dropped, and wait for Kienle, Starky, Sanders and crew to show up and then drop the hammer once again. The goal is to have the max lead on Lange while burning the least possible kilojoules to T2.

Dev

Interesting theory, but I really want to know what the definition of "to SuperDave" is.
Quote Reply
Re: Did anyone notice Frodo's comment after winning Oceanside? [grumpier.mike] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
grumpier.mike wrote:

Interesting theory, but I really want to know what the definition of "to SuperDave" is.

+1

------------------------------------------------------------
Any run that doesn't include pooping in someone's front yard is a win.
Last edited by: CCF: Apr 9, 18 21:43
Quote Reply
Re: Did anyone notice Frodo's comment after winning Oceanside? [CCF] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Another LS thread, cunningly disguised as a Frodo thread, I have to hand it to his fan boys on here!
Last edited by: Jackets: Apr 10, 18 6:10
Quote Reply
Re: Did anyone notice Frodo's comment after winning Oceanside? [Jackets] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Lol pretty sure every thread is a LS thread in waiting

Terrible Tuesday’s Triathlon
Quote Reply
Re: Did anyone notice Frodo's comment after winning Oceanside? [oscaro] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Not really sure Frodo has recruited anyone. It'll play out like always: Frodo's swim buys him time to sit on his watts until the Hawi express train is formed and makes the catch. He'll have his usual 'stick or twist' decision at that point. Gomez may have a similar call to make, although it remains to be seen if his bike is strong enough to latch on if he wanted to.

The uber bikers will want to drop/hurt/distance as many of the runners as they can, which will include Frodo if they have the firepower to do it. Lionel and Sebi will not want Frodo in T2 at the same time.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
devashish_paul wrote:
asellerg wrote:
Well he also said this:

Dev

Starky will be in the front pack of the swim. He is a much better swimmer than Kienle and Lionel. We have yet to see a 100% healthy Starky in kona. If he's healthy, he will be pushing the bike from the start. He will make it much more difficult for Kienle and Lionel to catch the group and for the usual front pack wheel suckers to stay in the front group.

blog
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Or the old "humble brag". Just won Oceanside off the couch. Frodo clearly has been training hard.

They constantly try to escape from the darkness outside and within
Dreaming of systems so perfect that no one will need to be good T.S. Eliot

Quote Reply
Re: Did anyone notice Frodo's comment after winning Oceanside? [grumpier.mike] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
grumpier.mike wrote:
devashish_paul wrote:
asellerg wrote:
Well he also said this:

Dev

"to SuperDave" on ST is to revive an old thread where the future was predicted. I think he made a post 12 years ago on electronic shifting and then revived it around 18 months ago and everything he said circa 2005 had happened in that world! Thus the term :-)
Quote Reply
Re: Did anyone notice Frodo's comment after winning Oceanside? [stevej] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I think there may be a new smaller from pack with Burgs, Gomez and Frodo. Even if Starky gets out of the water 4 min faster than Kienle/LS (Maybe Wurf though I think he will be front pack) I don’t think he will be able to keep them away once they are biking together, and even if he does, he still won’t be a factor in the race.

Terrible Tuesday’s Triathlon
Quote Reply
Re: Did anyone notice Frodo's comment after winning Oceanside? [Jackets] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Jackets wrote:
Another LS thread, cunningly disguised as a Frodo thread, I have to hand it to his can boys on here!

Every thread on ST is actually about Lionel. This is like a Lionel Sanders forum. Eventually even H2Ofun will convert threads into "about Lionel". It's like back in 2004 when every thread ended up being about Bjorn and the race to T2.
Quote Reply
Re: Did anyone notice Frodo's comment after winning Oceanside? [oscaro] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
oscaro wrote:
I think there may be a new smaller from pack with Burgs, Gomez and Frodo. Even if Starky gets out of the water 4 min faster than Kienle/LS (Maybe Wurf though I think he will be front pack) I don’t think he will be able to keep them away once they are biking together, and even if he does, he still won’t be a factor in the race.

I don't think Gomez survives the front pack pace past the climb to Hawi. Its one thing being a stud for 90K, I will be interested to see if he can keep that pace for 180K.

Also one thing to note. We're all assuming that Josh makes it back to Kona, but he's only sitting at 980 points right now. Josh and Wurf are on the IM South Africa startlist this weekend. Josh has his work cut out as Ben Hoffman and James Cunnama are on the start list, but if he can bag enough points in South African and Cairns he should squeek in with no wins
Last edited by: devashish_paul: Apr 10, 18 5:34
Quote Reply
Re: Did anyone notice Frodo's comment after winning Oceanside? [milesthedog] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
milesthedog wrote:
I mean, yes, that's what we all want, but please explain, outside of wishful thinking, how this is what Frodo just did.

I think he is getting into Lionel's head such that Lionel tows Frodo all arouond the QueenK trying to drop him. Frodo just needs to have Lionel and crew do enough towing so the gap on Lange is large enough. Then he can let Lionel and crew go up ahead after Waikaloa and refuel in while holding his buffer on Lange knowing that he can close on the absolute front bike pack on the run....or he just rides with them and spends the first 10 miles to the top of Palani jogging and letting Lange close some of the gap and after that there is only 16 miles left and Frodo knows he just needs to hold 6:06 miles because Lange likely cannot run any faster (that's 2:40 pace). Or we get a Lange catch and then they run neck and neck and maybe we get a Macca vs Ralaert style Palani downhill attack.

Hey, we gotta dream this shit up since this is more fun that actually watching 8 hours of largely watching paint dry and hearing Welchie and Lovato trying to make it sound exciting cause we know there are only around 3-5 moments of excitement in the entire day!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I call bs on that comment. This race clearly meant a lot to Frodo, and he came in with top form imo.

If you look back at Kona last year, he clearly didn't have it mentally. The run the year before shattered him and left him shaken imo. He was not prepared to go to that place again, thus the injury.

After that it appears that he's been working on his mental game (he even said as much) and taking a page from the Lionel book, he's challenging himself to go race the best in the world this year (Lionel at Oceanside, Lange at Frankfurt then Sebi somewhere else). And it looks like it's working.
Quote Reply
Re: Did anyone notice Frodo's comment after winning Oceanside? [Sean H] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I love how Gomez has been wrote off as having a weak bike.
Quote Reply

Prev Next